Just managed to run my phone in an endless startup loop, so flashing was inevidable.
I installed kerel plus from the sticky post, works great (!!!).
And, a funny thing happend - my Maps application tharted showing Tripadvisor hints on POI and nearby. LoL. All this time I thought it's not implemented in N9

BTW, erm...no PPTP support on that distro??

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pishta74 View Post
And, a funny thing happend - my Maps application tharted showing Tripadvisor hints on POI and nearby. LoL. All this time I thought it's not implemented in N9
Surely that has nothing to do with you enabling Kernel+?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Surely that has nothing to do with you enabling Kernel+?
Hehe, it's not likely that any kernel has anything to do with it, but it did happen

Tried to setup PPTP but on firing up it says, no generic_ppp kernel module. Somehow I was hoping that it's compiled inline

Actually I'm getting confused with all these kernel versions. Which is the best?

The Following User Says Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
New build changelog:

Enabled GUID partitions in the kernel config, if you feel like having a lot of partitions
Enabled PPP, PPTP and L2TP-related options in the kernel config.
Included an install script. No clue how to do Debian packaging, so this'll have to do.

http://mediafire.com/?3z1r1da1v3mmkw9

While interesting, I think this'll be left as a side/alternative project, as I intend to only support Harmattan. If someone can diff the patches for the NITDroid kernel though, I can probably leave it as an optional component.
Now here's a late reply
Have you actually tried to use PPTP?

Ok, next question:
Is there any other way to use the (apparently) built in Opptimizer module on this kernel, without an UI?

Tried to install the UI without anything else (except that it runs the kernel plus r6), but it says that I lack dependencies.
Searching...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pishta74 View Post
Ok, next question:
Is there any other way to use the (apparently) built in Opptimizer module on this kernel, without an UI?
Sure thing, generally control of all kernel modules is "standardized" in such a way that the API is usable whether from an UI or scripting from command line

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Sure thing, generally control of all kernel modules is "standardized" in such a way that the API is usable whether from an UI or scripting from command line
Heh, I see now that I probably asked the wrong question
HOW do I control the Opptimizer from a console or script? There should be some pseudofile in /proc but which one...? Or...?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I revoke my second N9 and also tried to use Opptimizer with this Kernel plus but there seems to be some problems.

I was able to install Opptimizet and is starts to run without any problems, but when I try to click "optimize"- button simply nothing happens.

It has been quite long since I tried this, but to my memory I used the exactly same methid as before. This is exactly how I did it:

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Remove everything related to Opptimizer you have installed. Reinstall kernel-plus.

Now, install kernel-plus, and on top of that, install coderus' Opptimizer UI. Modprobe opptimizer. Launch the UI, and it should work.
I am currently running kernel plus through ubiboot in open mode. I received no fails/warnings/error during any of the Opptimizer stuff installations.

I used this core by Coderus http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=227

Then /sbin/modprobe opptimizer

No errors. The opptimizer UI loads, but just simply doesn't do anything. Maybe the core by coderus is outdated? There is 1.4.3 availeble at the opptimizer thread, but I can't use that with power kernel, right?

Tags
kernel-plus