Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by crabolsky View Post
How about a little picture? Sounds like a nice solution
Here ya go!

Empty case - shows where I cut off the plastic sheath. The velcro attaches nicely to the fuzzy fabric on the back cover.

This is the strip of industrial strength velcro that I use to hold my N810 in the case. Doesn't look like much but it works. One could always add an extra strip down on the battery door for extra protection.

This is the case, that Im usin. Very well made. but not cheap, guys.

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...929&t_mode=des

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
the lack any belt wearable cases bugged me..so i modded my case from proporta to have a belt clip you can get them from theclip.com...

Cool, I wasnt missin the belt clip, as i would snag the case at work. but it is well made.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, anyone think this could work?
http://www.vat19.com/dvds/freehand-pocket-for-hand.cfm

I have been using a carrymobile case....not bad...pocket sized. N810 slips in and out pretty well.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
I noticed that the Garmin Nuvi 660 and other 4.3" GPS's have the same dimensions as the N810. So, I was looking into those cases as options.

This one seems pretty good:

Or here is a cheaper option:

Anyone try any of these options or another one?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
So, here are the dimensions of the N810:
5.0" x 2.83" x .55" or 128mm x 72mm x 14mm

Here are the dimensions of the Garmin devices that have similar cases:
Garmin Nuvi 660
4.9" x 2.9" x .9"

Garmin Nuvi 880
4.9" x 3.1" x .7"

In my quest to find a case that has a belt loop and a complete cover in case it rains I've wasted hours. I've tried searching for camera's with similar specs as there should be gobs of them. The iPhone is just a little smaller so none of those cases seem to work that I actually tried. Anyone with other suggestions to try?

try www.thepouch.com

hands down best overall protection fortravelling. they even have a specific case for the n810 with a hard flap cover

N800 - just using the provided poach, added however a little fabric band with a pressure clip on the open side as the N800 slipped a few times out of the poach when taking it out my pocket and it was 1/2 sec away from smacking to the ground...

No screen protector and after one year fairly heavy usage only one minor scratch on the screen (caused by my GF's daughter who tried to beat a highscore one one or other game)...