Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on an N810, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll be carrying it around. I want to keep this thing with me everywhere, much like the Treo it will be replacing.

Based on the threads I've read here, it looks like people are using Nintendo DS and PSP cases for their 770s, but the 810 is smaller, and I haven't seen any suggestions yet. I'm assuming then that no companies have produced cases yet?

I'm concerned that it will be a bit too big to carry on my belt (and may exceed the "ubergeek threshold" at work) so maybe some sort of zip-up notebook/PDA combo case would do the trick.

So, back to the topic, how are you carrying around your N810?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
In my right pocket, with my cellphone. I keep the sleeve in the pocket at all times and just slip in it and out of that.

N800 in shirt, jacket, or vest pocket, depending on weather and whether or not I'm wearing a shirt with a pocket. Occasionally in pants pocket, though I don't like to do that (feels riskier).

N810 is smaller, so should be less trouble in same places.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
I purchased one of those Case Logic "hard drive" cases for the small portable hard drives (for $10@). I needed it for other things - GPS, portable hard drives, etc. It fit's the 810 and cables, but I ended up saying the heck with it, I prefer to just slip it in my shirt pocket, like I used to slip the Thinkpad (see sig) in my pocket, back in the '70's. Sometimes I use the skimpy case it came with, sometimes not.
I do use homemade screen protectors.
PLEASE use the Wiki

left pants pocket: n810 (+ headphones sometimes)
right pants pocket: keys, phone (recently got a 6120 classic) and change.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
I keep my n800 in my sidekick id hip holster, people at school laugh but oh well... lol I don't like it in my pockets, it sometimes tends to slip out when i'm sitting down.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by disq View Post
change.
Change . . . change?!

Who the hell carries change?!

I do; if you live near a coke machine, it's change you can believe in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Sounds like it's really pocketable! I didn't think it would fit, but I guess I'll see for myself when it arrives at the end of this week. (you all don't wear cargo pants to work do you? )

As part of my Master Plan to replace my Treo 700p (it's a love/hate thing... currently in "hate" mode...) I'm looking at using a Nokia 6300 (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6300-1800.php) as my phone, and as an internet conduit for the N810 when there's no wi-fi signal. It's about the smallest one I could find, and it fits nearly un-noticeably in my pants pocket. The carrier (Cincinnati Bell Wireless) is also contract-free, so if it doesn't work out I can switch to a different phone or provider with no penalty.

Anyhow, thanks for the responses... keep 'em comin!

Nope, reg'lar black jeans here. Lots of people seem to think the N8x0 (800 especially) are unpocketable. But it works for me, with anything but a watch pocket.