It's been missing for three days now. I have no clue where it is. I left it in my room Tuesday morning and when I came back from school I couldn't find it. My parents don't know what happened and none of my sisters know anything either. This is all just so weird.

I've been trying the past three days to pull up some clues and see if I can find anything about it but so far I have nothing. Hopefully come Friday the alarm will go off and I might be able to find it.

I'm hoping that I find it somewhere eventually. I had a SanDisk Sansa E250 that I lost and couldn't find for three years until a few weeks ago I found it. Maybe the same thing will happen with the tablet.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You probably accidentally activated the cloaking field and it is sitting right under your nose, but you just can't see it. It will re-appear once the battery runs out in a few days

Originally Posted by arashed31 View Post
I'm hoping that I find it somewhere eventually. I had a SanDisk Sansa E250 that I lost and couldn't find for three years until a few weeks ago I found it. Maybe the same thing will happen with the tablet.
Here's hoping it does, only rather faster.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I have no clue where it is. I left it in my room Tuesday morning and when I came back from school I couldn't find it.
Bummer, I know how you feel, that happened to me a few years ago when I put my Zaurus 5500 down on a desk at home and never saw it again.

I live alone and had no visitors during that time. I pulled the place apart time and time again, a year later I moved house and felt that, by packing every item I own individually into crates, I would uncover it.

Alas it was not to be.

You probably accidentally activated the cloaking field
Either that or it beamed itself to a parallel universe.

4 years later and in a new home I still get the urge to go look for it like some compulsive repetitive syndrome..

I do hope you find it soon and be spared that trauma.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
If it was left online when you last saw it, then it will still have a DHCP reservation in your router (providing that the battery did not run out). That would at least tell you if it was still in the house.

I'm pretty sure I left it off. Doesn't show up in my router and I left it charging overnight. So the only way to find it is to wait for the alarm. I'm pretty sure I had something for Wednessday but I didn't hear anything. I know I have it set for Monday and Friday, though.

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
Originally Posted by qole View Post
You probably accidentally activated the cloaking field
Either that or it beamed itself to a parallel universe.
I think Nokia must have snuck in mechanical legs that let it stand up and walk away. For security purposes, of course.

Last edited by arashed31; 2009-01-09 at 01:44.

I lost a nice penknife once for about 2 years (multitool swiss army type). It turned up one day while cleaning out our van in the driver side door pocket under a load of papers. I was so pleased to see that again. Hope you find it.

Just in case it is a cloaking field you could flood the house with Neutrino's, that always seems to work on Star Trek. I'm not sure where you might find some, and it might curdle your milk.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
...you could flood the house with Neutrinos... I'm not sure where you might find some...
You can reverse the polarity on any induction refractor. You could probably use the one found in most smartphones. You'd need to solder some thin wires onto the delfrinium oscillation circuit, however, and then ... oh, hmm, you'll need some Brownian motion, however, so that means brewing up a very hot cup of tea.

Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
...and it might curdle your milk.
Sometimes, you have to take risks to gain rewards.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I misplaced my N810 too.