I have the same problem, I modified the EMMC to 3 GB a year ago. since that time I have never been able to flash the EMMC, I can only do it in rootfs without problems. I have used all the commands in maemo flasher as you say over and over again, without using the-R and repeating the steps but no case, only sometimes successfully flashing rootfs. Before my mind could enter mydocs without problems, but when trying to fix mounting and dismounting, to fsck from the terminal I found this reading in all forums to understand and be able to run different command that you know how to use ... but it got worse, now my EMMC (OPT) is corrupt, and I can not delete some folders that are broken. Now I can not enter MyDocs, says "memory card corrupted". When you restart the N900 throws the message "device storage format unsupported" but the rest of the phone works. When connected via USB as mass storage works. MyDocs memory appears and I can use it without problems from your computer.
from terminal:

/home/user # mount /home/user/MyDocs
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /home/user/MyDocs failed: Stale NFS file handle

Urgent need to restore factory settings. Is that possible? Please help me. I'm sure many have this problem and still fail to flash the EMMC.

Last edited by mailcomx; 2013-06-21 at 11:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to mailcomx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The problem is not within your MyDocs partition, but the optfs file system.
Either try to repair the file system from backupmenu 'application' from a Linux PC, may that be an installed system or aLive-CD, to have an advanced file system check utility.
This stale file handle might get removed from that file after some time, but i am not sure if this is a week, a month or just a couple of days.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I do not know whether helps: N900 Internal Memory Corrupted
Bumping. Best wishes.

Thanks for your suggestion, but this forum did not work for me. I need to reflash the emmc. I could always flash it before without problems, but since I modified "RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM3gib.bin" I can not do it. Can anyone tell me the steps in LINUX.

NOW I did get I ubuntu LiveCD. Please can you said the best way for this?
Here I believe to get the solution
http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning...Docs_partition

any suggestions to make my n900 a home s factory?

I need to get this:

By default the internal eMMC flash card on the N900 (/dev/mmcblk0) is partitioned as follows:

27 GiB VFAT MyDocs partition on /dev/mmcblk0p1. When Maemo is booted, this is mounted on /home/user/MyDocs, however it is unmounted and exposed when the N900 is connected to a PC in mass storage mode

2 GiB /home partition on /dev/mmcblk0p2. This also contains the /opt folder (mounted on /home/opt) where optified apps are stored

768 MiB swap partition /dev/mmcblk0p3

Last edited by mailcomx; 2013-06-21 at 11:31.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Were you trying to flash your N900 with windows 7/xp?
Was flashing emmc getting aborted at around 20% and you got pc suite installed on your pc?

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
You need to have backupmenu from the extras-devel repository installed to export all of the partitions to the PC via USB. Here is what i would suggest. Here is a walkthrough for those steps :

Install Backupmenu to your N900
Reboot the N900 with keyboard ejected
In Bootmenu type 'w' to export the partitions in read/write-mode
Boot your PC from the Live-CD
Start gparted
Choose the device (hard disk) in the upper right drop down menu should be some 30GB size.
Right click the first partition (approx27GB) and choose 'Resize or Move', use the right handle to shrink the partition.
Click 'Resize'-button (Dont worry you will be asked to apply actions later)
Right click on the second partition (approx.2GB) and choose 'Resize or Move', use the left handle to fill the free space created by the first resizing.
Do not touch the third, aka swap-partition.
Now click apply in the upper toolbar and accept the changes to be applied.
If everything is resized successfully, shut down the PC
On the N900 press 'q' to quit backupmenu and restart Maemo.

You might want to read about it here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...16#post1136816

Do not panic if the first attempt fails, because of the stale file handle error. It may happen that the default file system check, that gparted will try, errors out.
Open a Terminal on your PC and try to run the file system check from that. For Ubuntu that might require for you to identify the partition name in gparted gui. Then first
Code:
sudo fsck -af /dev/XYZ
sudo fsck -af /dev/XYZ
Yes, sir, do it twice! The XYZ must get changed to the identifier from the gparted gui. If you still get errors please try
Code:
sudo fsck -r /dev/XYZ
If no more errors will put out, follow the procedure to resize the partitions from the above link.

Last edited by michaaa62; 2013-06-21 at 05:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your instructions. Gparted was the solution to repair OPT and MyDocs. Everything works wonders. I just need to flash the EMMC to leave factory default.
One question, the home partition (opt) can be formatted with gparted?

Last edited by mailcomx; 2013-06-22 at 00:21.

Sure, you can. If you just want to reset to original, you do not need to format the partition. The file system will get applied together with the applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900