Closed Thread
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
An interesting comment from someone who has evidently not bothered to read the message he is replying to. If you have, you would have noticed that Wikiwide was not addressing just you.
I never knew Wikiwide was not just randomly addressing me after I had posted.........Oh wait

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
@Jaag, think of it like crowdfunding via Indiegogo.
It is stated in their very rules that when you choose to sponsor someone who is arranging a flexigoal project the money can be considefed gone in the wind the very second that you press the "send" button.

The project owner can choose to cash out and never deliver the promised project, and there is no way to get your money back.

Now there are at least 3 kinds of people there; pure scam artists who just want donation and never attempt to make anything, honest people who just happen to fail to deliver and the rare few who actually can deliver.

Now can you ask more from a single developer arranging a crowdfunding by himself alone when the official institutions behave like I explained?
Basically this. Was it so hard for someone to give me a decent response?.

I totally understood why I thought the chances of getting back my money are slim. It's not the money I'm worried about. I'm not even concerned if I get an actual product. However, the least we should get from the project owner is constant progress and reassurance.

At the time I pre ordered, it sounded like a project which may have been completed fairly quickly. I mean, how hard can it be to design and make a case, when there are hundreds of Chinese products made on a daily basis?

I apologise to anyone if they thought my tone was not coherent. It was never my intention. I just wanted to know what had actually happened or if he had decided to ditch the project.

Last edited by Jaag; 2015-03-25 at 17:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaag View Post
I mean, how hard can it be to design and make a case, when you there are hundreds of Chinese products made on a daily basis?
i wouldnt want to make one.
But, since its so easy. Why dont you do it?

This is a disgrace. And not something that is very encouraging.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
i wouldnt want to make one.
But, since its so easy. Why dont you do it?

This is a disgrace. And not something that is very encouraging.
Why should I? I'm not the one volunteering openly and asking for donations. I know I don't have the time to make it, so I wouldn't exactly mislead consumers to donate for my cause.

Last edited by Jaag; 2015-03-25 at 17:49.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Jaag View Post
Why should I? I'm not the one volunteering openly and asking for donations. I know I don't have the time the make it, so I wouldn't exactly mislead consumers to donate for my cause.
doom
dont go all firey everyone is anticapiting nobody has anything concrete more like ladys gossip and as juicey mangoes explained
lets hope for the best

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
How hard can it be?

I'm not saying any of what is to come as a rant or to chide anyone ...including you Jaag.
A few in the past have gotten upset with the timeline...you are not the 1st.
What is a 1st here...is me piping up finally.

1- Consistent updates are a needful thing. yup. I agree.

2- I commiserate for those pinning hope on any one "thing" really I do.

3- The resources and labour costs Estel has gone through I can with absolute certainty say has FAR outstripped the donation / downpayments given.

4- As well voices of reason have said that it is a project by an individual and not a company and as a consequence it makes it a longer more arduous task to complete which may or may not come to fruition.

I must admit though... I am mighty tired of people thinking that the making of a thing ( and to boot a thing so specific in it's dimensions as Estels back cover) is a simple, quick and easy thing.
In fact ..that being said in so easy a way...said in so casual a way...it makes me quite angry. (and that takes a lot)
It's akin to the impatient motorist asking the engineer why the delay in the making of the road in front of him? How hard can it be?

I'm not speaking out of my hat.
I'm a "maker of things physik" by trade since I could pick up my gramps tools..I'm pushing toward 50 yrs. old now...
whatever I bend my hand and eye to ...turns out beautiful and works...I can count on one hand the failures that couldn't work.
I went to college and university pushing my skills...in graphic design, painting, illustrating, carving, making instruments (gramps was a harp, lute, violin and dulcimer maker so as a kid I followed his footsteps...I still make harps today) and building / making "odd" things.
I've toyed and enjoyed everything from hand or human powered tools to virtual environments in creating things..all the way from lathes to cnc machines...wood, stone, bone, antler, plastic, metal, glass...you think of the material I've used it.

I've made all kinds of diverse things in my time.

Making what Estel is trying to make is not as simple as it is being downplayed or portrayed to be.

And to reiterate...from what I know...of the hurdles he has faced and the time he has had to spend on the probs he has encountered...
most certainly Estel has put MUCH more than the total donated / downpayed amount from all donors.... in monies in costs out of his own pocket and in his and others labour spent.
This project he has been trying to complete for many people has been costing him ...I'm sure.

Success or failure however and in whatever way it could be viewed or explained away ...
is not relevant at all.
Let him finish.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
maybe its the silence before a strom

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Any news?

kindest regards

peter

The Following User Says Thank You to PEB For This Useful Post:
any updates? it has been a while...

The Following User Says Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by genes View Post
any updates? it has been a while...
bump. ????????

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
No posts since February of this year(2015), but he still logs in and lurks.
Last Activity: 2015-08-22 18:22

http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=52130

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, backcover, external, gangam_style, mugen cover, n900 body, neo900, sarcasm, where is estel