Active Topics

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
there's any tutorial to install the driver? it's safe?
someone install it succesfuly?

Originally Posted by Angelochelotti View Post
there's any tutorial to install the driver? it's safe?
someone install it succesfuly?
No.
No.
No.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
Originally Posted by svs57 View Post
No.
No.
No.

Padding to lengthen the message...

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Why, 3D, of course (as the title says).
NO WAY! Are you referring to the same thread where someone says on the very first page...

The processor used in the tablets is an OMAP2 ARM(EL) processor manufactured by Texas Instruments. This chip is used in a wide variety of mobile devices and is a "packaged" chip meaning it's not just a CPU. It's a CPU with onboard ram, included video chip, 3d accelerator, hardware mpeg processing, java bytecode interpreter etc. However, not all these features are used on every device.

On our tablets, the 3d and the video chip are not utilized because they don't support a screen of the resolution the tablets have. The LCD is handled by a third party (Epson) chip.

Also missing is drivers for the hardware Java interpreter (Jazelle) but this is due to a licensing issue if I remember correctly.
How could I be so stupid an insensitive as to ask if this was part of the package released by TI???

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
I send two messages to gamingonomap@list.ti.com regarding OpenGL ES SDK, however, they didn't respond yet.

What should I tell to them in order to get the SDK?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by peremen View Post
I send two messages to gamingonomap@list.ti.com regarding OpenGL ES SDK, however, they didn't respond yet.

What should I tell to them in order to get the SDK?
Did you write the name of SDK you want to download?

See post #425 or #436 or similar guide for SGX http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard...XunderAngstrom "Step I: Obtain the Graphics SDK from TI". This did the trick for me:
Hello,

I'd like to download "OpenGL®ES Graphics SDK for OMAP2420 Nokia N800 OpenGL ES v1.1 and OpenVG 1.0 SDK based on Linux kernel 2.6.21"

I already have my.TI account with e-mail ...@...

Thanks.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Did you write the name of SDK you want to download?

See post #425 or #436 or similar guide for SGX http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard...XunderAngstrom "Step I: Obtain the Graphics SDK from TI". This did the trick for me:
Thanks. What I was curious about is that I wrote what I want but there was no reply. Creating my-TI account made the trick.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
That said, I'll be writing up a guide either tomorrow or on monday and post it on blog, on how to get them working so people can start hacking on them.
That would be great :-) Maybe a Wiki page would do too.

Also what are ideas about further cooperation and code sharing wrt fixing the GPL-ed kernel part? Wiki page with progress/developer comments, IRC, some mailing list?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Was looking around to see where the 3D accelerator drivers can actually help things without having to render straight to screen:

* Cairo backend targetting OpenVG (GTK+ would benefit from this?)
* Qt4.6 accelerated QGraphicsView targetting OpenVG. UIEmo could take benefit from this?

Other things on N8x0 that can take benefit from OpenVG?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
Anyone had any luck? I wasn't even able to get to the point where svs57 is now.