Notices

Brought this guy home from my local target, and have been trying to get it to work with my N900
http://www.target.com/p/playstation-...e/-/A-14233211

What I've done so far is
1)Installed "sixaxis-support" package, and restarted the device several times.
2)Used "SixaxisPairTool" on my Windows 7 computer to set the controllers "Master" number to my N900's bluetooth address(both correctly, and reversed as advised by this OP.

The closest I've gotten to success is getting the controller to flash it's 4 lights, never pairing, and the N900 popping up a window saying something along the lines of "Pair Playstation 3 controller?" over and over.

One guide I've read said that the new "Dualshock 3" model is unusable with the N900, while another guide said that it is just fine.

I can't say I'm extremely knowledgeable about Maemo, but I sure as hell have come a long way from where I started, and want to go further, while enjoying some well-controlled games :-). Basically I just want to convey that I am willing to learn, just please please please help point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thank you

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
IIRC this popup is that the n900 is recognizing it with the wrong plugin used to something else. You have to go to
/etc/bluetooth
and edit the file
main.conf
and make your DisablePlugins line look like this:
DisablePlugins = network,hal,input

then restart and try again.

PS: You will have "problems" with the keymapping if you try to connect a bluetyooth headphone first and the dualshock latter, always do the dualshock first.

There's the possibility of custom keymapping by editting
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdpart/20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi

PSS: Do all of it as root.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post: