Active Topics

I installed kde via the partitioning and extract method, and it worked, except that when I start it, a window pops up that says "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly." The title bar says "Error - KDesktop." When I try to do anything with konqueror, it tells me, "An error occurred while loading _______________:
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_http'.
fill in the blank with the website it's loading, in this case, google.
If I could get some help, I'd appreciate it greatly.
-absolofdoom
EDIT: I also cannot get kword to start, it says kword: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/kde/lib/libkabc.so.1:undefined symbol: _" then it has a ton of numbers and letters

Last edited by absolofdoom; 2008-01-20 at 18:26.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by absolofdoom View Post
I installed kde via the partitioning and extract method, and it worked, except that when I start it, a window pops up that says "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly." The title bar says "Error - KDesktop." When I try to do anything with konqueror, it tells me, "An error occurred while loading _______________:
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_http'.
fill in the blank with the website it's loading, in this case, google.
If I could get some help, I'd appreciate it greatly.
-absolofdoom
EDIT: I also cannot get kword to start, it says kword: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/kde/lib/libkabc.so.1:undefined symbol: _" then it has a ton of numbers and letters

Sounds corrupt, have you run fsck lately? If you are booting SD , you need to occaisionally run fsck from flash partition.

Sounds like corrupt disk
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

heh, must've been, since I tried booting from the card again, and it said that the boot failed, and it booted from internal flash. I'm gonna reflash my n810 and try installing kde again. Just to be sure, though, is this guide broken by any chance?

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35