Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This is a thread for more general chit-chat relating to Sailfish(Jolla) not like the more targeted ones, e.g. the User Experience thread.
It's the "water-cooler" thread so-to-speak, it can be about speculation, & whether over-arching strategies are correct IYO or not etc.

EDIT:
Hmmm looks like we have a "latest news" thread, perhaps this general discussion one should also be the latest news thread, we can ask mods to merge?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-04 at 11:38.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Hmmm looks like we have a "latest news" thread, perhaps this general discussion one should also be the latest news thread, we can ask mods to merge?
TBH, "latest news" to me is a bunch of links to latest public news or what we heard in twitter/diaspora/emails from Jolla, some analysis and that's it. The "latest news" thread suffered of a lot of [justified] venting from folks in the US due to Marc's comment of not having plans for them "yet". There is another thread for that too... to vent I mean.

I won't say that I post OT free all the time, just laying out my thoughts... a "latest news" thread should be silent unless something new from Jolla publicly or otherwise comes up.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah you're right, should probably keep a dedicated "announce" thread (maybe one that's update-able by just ~1 user?).
This could be a general digest thread for discussing that news, or (more preferably) what we "know" to be true.

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
<SNIP>
LOL, we have our new Marxian when Marxian's not around...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-04 at 09:59.

Closed Thread