Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Leafpad is probably not going to be able to save the file because you need root privileges (unless you start it from the root shell, thanks for clarifying). I use nano, but that's not installed by default. The easiest way to do it is probably to edit the file and save it to MyDocs, and then copy it as root (from rootsh). Edit: Or to run Leafpad from rootshell.

And yes, that should work for playing them sequentially.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-07 at 22:43.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Leafpad is probably not going to be able to save the file because you need root privileges. I use nano, but that's not installed by default. The easiest way to do it is probably to edit the file and save it to MyDocs, and then copy it as root (from rootsh).

Just for info, leafpad works with root privilages too. If one gets root privileges and then start leafpad then the file will be edited/saved with root privilages. (all these of course need to be done from the xterm.)

Sorry for the maybe off-topic.

Great videos guys. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Just for info, leafpad works with root privilages too. If one gets root privileges and then start leafpad then the file will be edited/saved with root privilages. (all these of course need to be done from the xterm.)

Sorry for the maybe off-topic.

Great videos guys. thanks
yes it does as you described, i guess i shouldnt assume everyone dives in the root pool, i almost always go root the second i open xTerm

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /etc/hildon-welcome.d/
ls
leafpad default.conf

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
sadly it does not, nor does putting them in the same line seperated by a ","

It currently only plays the Grimar video when they are both listed, which is strange as it is actually second in alphabetical order, but if i just leave the maemo-bright.avi as the only one it will play that video...

im workin on it as we speak and i am also trying to figure out a way to make contact shortcuts on the desktop be number specific which is also a big headache...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Jnolcox View Post
sadly it does not, nor does putting them in the same line seperated by a ","

It currently only plays the Grimar video when they are both listed, which is strange as it is actually second in alphabetical order, but if i just leave the maemo-bright.avi as the only one it will play that video...

im workin on it as we speak and i am also trying to figure out a way to make contact shortcuts on the desktop be number specific which is also a big headache...
I understood the explanation from Karolina's post that you can have several .conf files and they will be played alphabeticaly. Might be wrong though - never tried it.

hih

edit: I meant to say, try to create more than one conf files and place one video per file..

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-01-08 at 01:28.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I understood the explanation from Karolina's post that you can have several .conf files and they will be played alphabeticaly. Might be wrong though - never tried it.

hih

edit: I meant to say, try to create more than one conf files and place one video per file..
will give it a shot
It worked, but will only play 2 videos.

Last edited by Jnolcox; 2010-01-08 at 01:54.

Works perfectly for me, many thanks for such a great video and for sharing it with us!

wicked videos! just need to learn how to use them haha here goes..

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
where do i find /usr/share/hinde... to add the avi file to relink it for boot

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Turku, Finland
If you have changed the video, you can save precious space on the rootfs by moving the video to /opt and just making a link to it.

Here's how i did it with the fly-video installed (as root on terminal):
Code:
cd /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media/
mv maemo_flyby_xvid_lame_r3.avi /opt/
ln -s /opt/maemo_flyby_xvid_lame_r3.avi
and while you're at it remember to delete the Hands-v32-h264.avi

Tags
boot video, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, startup video, video, yd config