I'm picking up a few items from Walmart, check my shopping list on my N900....I tuck it back into my shirt breast pocket...AND MISS!!!

It slid down my torso, down my left leg, hit my work boot and skidded across the floor.

FSCKING HEART ATTACK

I'm a 6'0" guy, so this was a 5'0" drop test onto a hard surface....somewhat softened by the contact it had with my body.

Not a scratch or ding...everything works perfectly as before. Tough little bugger.

Now I need a drink.

Last edited by Dak; 2009-12-18 at 01:12.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
im never dropping my baby. also, pants with a low cell phone pocket would reduce that possible fall height to about 2 feet....something to consider

Dak have couple drinks because one is not enough).
Do you have any case or any protector???

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Haha... Dropped mine the other day on the treadmill when I was running 8MPH. Got a heart attack. Jumped off the machine immediately. Went to pick up this baby and the music was playing loud with no scratch on the device.
Very robust.

Last edited by x61; 2009-12-18 at 02:34.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Tough little bugger.
Three words I hope I never have to utter when it comes to the N900.

I would have a heart attack !

haha!!! i just dropped mine from a 7.2' ladder, and the machine is still working like it never has (....doesn't mean you should try it too)

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
these guys do a cool drop test. funny vid, after watching this vid,n900 is toughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmSw5lHS1kA

Mine hit the pavement as well. Some impact scratches on the casing side where the pen is and some on the metal rim around the touchscreen. NO scratches on the touchscreen film, so I'm either very lucky or Nokia has at least done something write on my precious

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I managed to go all drunk mad man on my *** last night and accidentally dropped my phone whilst documenting our work xmas do in a club last night.

Phone landed and keyboard opened on landing so it definitely received some impact.

Now either the floor is slightly rubberised in there or the build quality on this phone is just amazing. Not a scratch, dink or scuff anywhere and my screen protector hasn't arrived yet either!

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
4 drops 1 week, one onto concrete, still working with a few scratches.

Tags
drop, drop test, fall, impact, n900