guys, my phone isn't getting charged. i tried connecting to wall charger via convertor, i tried usb charging but to no avail. i keep charging my phone for 2-3 hrs straight and it only gets charged upto 12% and dies fast. i recently installed android gingerbread in mmc 4gb, and i cleared the device, restored original settings before this had happened. is this the source to the problem? pls help me.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ London
sounds like you have hardware failure like many others. the micro usb connection is known to fail and in many cases the port comes clean away from the housing. only solution is to send it back to get fixed or buy spare battery and charger like i have.

apologies if this is a softwasre issue but sounds like hardwarw...lots of info pn forum do a search and see.

Originally Posted by birdy View Post
only solution is to send it back to get fixed or buy spare battery and charger like i have.
umm.. buy spare battery and switch batteries every time it runs out?
hope I get it wrong, because if it's just as I thought, I run out of battery 2-3 times a day, and switching batteries 2-3 times a day is pretty much annoying

Originally Posted by birdy View Post
sounds like you have hardware failure like many others. the micro usb connection is known to fail and in many cases the port comes clean away from the housing. only solution is to send it back to get fixed or buy spare battery and charger like i have.

apologies if this is a softwasre issue but sounds like hardwarw...lots of info pn forum do a search and see.
dude, its gettin charged coz i can see the yellow LED blinking. But how much ever i charge my phone. the "%" wont increase.

i dont think there is a problem with the battery

SOLVED!!!! i cleaned the usb nd charger pin with d brush nd vaccumed it! cleaned the battery terminals too!!

The Following User Says Thank You to DUDEXYZ For This Useful Post:
You are lucky this problem with me is not solvable I charge externally.

ok, so now another problem has started. i put my n900 to charge whenever the battery is down. i connect the charger, all those charging sound and stuff comes. even the yellow light keeps blinking. but after a couple of minutes while using the phone, the battery gets low and turns off even when it is charging. i guess my usb is broken or loose.

From Wikipedia-
"the N900's MiniUSB (charger) port is very fragile. Nokia addresses this as a 'hardware failure' and provides a new device as a replacement. If you also have this issue, please first contact your nearest Care Point and if you don't get a proper response, you should contact Nokia directly. On the Nokia and Maemo forums are several threads that will help you."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by DUDEXYZ View Post
ok, so now another problem has started. i put my n900 to charge whenever the battery is down. i connect the charger, all those charging sound and stuff comes. even the yellow light keeps blinking. but after a couple of minutes while using the phone, the battery gets low and turns off even when it is charging. i guess my usb is broken or loose.
Goto my usb fix thread now and look at what has to be done, you have to do this now, don't wait, sounds like your usb is about to fail.
The solder down and maybe some reheat of usb pins is necessary

Do it now, or don't use your N900 before it is done!!!!

link in my signature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Goto my usb fix thread now and look at what has to be done, you have to do this now, don't wait, sounds like your usb is about to fail.
The solder down and maybe some reheat of usb pins is necessary

Do it now, or don't use your N900 before it is done!!!!

link in my signature
i dont seem to find it. can u please post the link?