Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Does calling /usr/bin/orientation from roxterm show any result?
That's what the icon is supposed to do.
Yes that works, it rotates the screen portrait

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Yes that works, it rotates the screen portrait
Ok, then it's not my fault and you can blame Estel and/or qole.

Seriously, please have a look at the file: /usr/share/applications/orientation.desktop
There you'll find this line: Exec=/usr/bin/orientation

If that's true the panel starter should work, even if the icon graphic is missing. If it doesn't add a new starter pointing to: /usr/share/applications/orientation.desktop

Edit:
Do you have an "Orientation" starter in LXDE's menu? If so, does it work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
T

I decided to bundle sophisticated remap inside image, to give people full-button acces out of the box - for ones that wan't to use own keymap, copying rx-51 is only method anyway, so it doesn't hurt anyone.

/Estel
So how to have Polish letters on hw keyboard with your image and without tinkering anything with the rx-51 file?

Last edited by fw190; 2012-04-16 at 16:06. Reason: spelling

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You can probably blame me, I must have uploaded the wrong image. Arggh! Sorry, will fix tonight.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, sorry for the false alarm!

The correct Estel image is now posted on qole.org... It includes the orientation icon and the chromium grab+drag plugin that Estel suggested. I also compacted it as much as possible, to improve the download time.

Here it is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=598
This seems to be case for thing that was bugging me for ages - MyDocs not mounted automaticaly, after using mass-storage mode. It's worth to add, that after such event, next try of mass-storage doesn't work at all.

I have Easy Debian mounted all the time (automaticaly during boot), as I don't want to have longer starting time for ED programs, and I use them very often. So, I can 100% confirm that ED is the case here.

Any ideas why it's like that, and how to fix it? AFAIK, it's happening no matter of image used.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
So how to have Polish letters on hw keyboard with your image and without tinkering anything with the rx-51 file?
IIRC, just use shift+blue arrow + a for dead_ogonek (so, You have to press letter You want to merge with ogonek *after* that, or press space, in case You want to have ogonek itself. It works the same way for dead_accute (shift + blue arrow + c)and dead_abovedot (blue arrow + z). Lstroke is invoked directly by shift + blue arrow + l, as there is no working dead_stroke (unfortunately).

Yet, I strongly encourage everyone to use own, preffered keyboard mapping, by copying RX-51.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
It is quite important that you issue a "sudo closechroot" (or use the icon) before connecting the USB cable for "Mass Storage Mode".

The Easy Debian mount definitely interferes with the USB mode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Been trying to download 'Estel' image file since yesterday...usually what happens is that file downloads partially and then process stops....best I've done is last night where it downloaded almost all the file except the last 1 MB.....

Just tried again and download is stopped at about 158MBs......

Is there

A. a recommended way to do the install using the installer

or

B. is there an alternate method to do the install by downloading file onto my computer (assuming that I have better luck that way...) and then copying the file onto my microSD card and putting card into N900 and then completing install from there?

Thanks!

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
B. is there an alternate method to do the install by downloading file onto my computer (assuming that I have better luck that way...) and then copying the file onto my microSD card and putting card into N900 and then completing install from there?
The fastest option should be to download the file to your computer, extract it there, copy it to your N900 (either via USB or network) and in Maemo change the path to your image file in /home/user/.chroot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
It is quite important that you issue a "sudo closechroot" (or use the icon) before connecting the USB cable for "Mass Storage Mode".

The Easy Debian mount definitely interferes with the USB mode.
Acknowledged, but why it's that, technically? BTW, Pali updated ke-recv recently, so maybe a workaround for that could be implemented too? Could You elaborate more?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze