Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
I dont have any issue right now. My app was authorized long ago.
But there's some changes in authentication API. New user might have problems. If I can manage some time I'll research on it.

Anyone interested can check these links I thought useful.

Core API version 0 migration guide
REST API

The Following User Says Thank You to carbonjha For This Useful Post:
Anyone know how to migrate dropn900 to api 1? I tried tinkering with py files, but it's too much for me And i'd really like to be able to use dropbox on my n900... Yes, yes, i know... I should've installed it earlier, but only recently i've got a need to use it... So... Anyone has any ideas?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Over the last few weeks i ported DropN900 to the new dropbox API

Warning

This may destroy your dropbox or mess up your N900 root file system. Use it at your own risk, make a backup if you want to be safe.
I didn't destroy my dropbox or N900 root filesystem with it so far.

Update

30-06-13
Version 0.2.2
  • Fixed bug: Syncing was not possible when dropbox contains empty files (thx to new_guy)
  • Filenames with non-ascii characters are now supported, old dropbox api did only allow ascii-chars

20-05-13
Version 0.2.1
  • updated dropn900.0.2.1.tar.gz
  • Added a context menu for the tree view:
  • Added Dropbox V1 API share functionality:
  • Pressing the "share" menu entry will create a share and copy a link to the shared file/folder to the clipboard
  • Removed the "create public link" and "open public link" buttons (old, disfunct Dropbox V0 API)

05-05-13
Version 0.2.0
03-05-13
  • I found the "button with no text bug"!
  • If you used DropN900 with the old api, make sure that the sync path is /, not /dropn900, or sync will fail. Save settings before sync.
  • Updated the two tar archives attached to this post
  • Buffer size for https requests in dropbox api increased from 1KB to 16KB.

Installing
  • Install the old DropN900 from the repos/application manager
  • Make sure you have this 2 packages installed: python-setuptools, python-openssl
  • Download the attached files dropn900.0.2.2.tar.gz and dp_api_v1.tar.gz to /home/user/MyDocs
  • You will need dp_api_v1.tar.gz even if you already have installed the files from the Dropbox Python SDK because i had to modifiy the API. Ancient N900 python has no ssl module, so I ported the API to use OpenSSL.
  • start xterm and do sudo gainroot
  • Untar dropn900.0.2.2.tar.gz into /opt/dropn900:
    Code:
    tar -xvzf MyDocs/dropn900.0.2.2.tar.gz -C /opt/dropn900
  • Untar dp_api_v1.tar.gz into /opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dropbox:
    Code:
    tar -xvzf MyDocs/dp_api_v1.tar.gz -C /opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dropbox

Authentication

The new dropbox API uses a different approach for authentication. You have to grant DropN900 access to your dropbox via the dropbox website.
When you start DropN900 you will see the following window:

The "Take me to authentication page" button is grayed out until DropN900 has generated a request token with the dropbox api. Press the button and log into your dropbox account in the browser and give DropN900 access to your dropbox.
After closing the browser window, press the "Request auth token" button:

After that DropN900 receives an access token and logs into your dropbox account. That access token is stored until you press the "Reset Current Authentication" button in the settings window.

Bugs
  • Deleting the root folder does not work. Did this work with the old DropN900?
  • (The button in the settings menu for choosing the synchronization folder does not show any text for me. Did it show the folder path in the old DropN900?) <-Solved
  • Files in deleted and recreated folders can not be downloaded, removed or renamed
  • Please report any bugs you find. I never used DropN900 with the old api, so please report anything that doesn't work as in the old version.
Attached Files
File Type: gz dp_api_v1.tar.gz (26.4 KB, 876 views)
File Type: gz dropn900.0.2.1.tar.gz (45.6 KB, 439 views)
File Type: gz dropn900.0.2.2.tar.gz (45.7 KB, 578 views)

Last edited by Marshall Banana; 2013-06-30 at 21:04. Reason: Update

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Finally we have it up and running.
to the dev repo pls

Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
Over the last few weeks i ported DropN900 to the new dropbox API

Warning

• The button in the settings menu for choosing the synchronization folder does not show any text for me. Did it show the folder path in the old DropN900?
Today I noticed that my DropN900 was not connecting to the DropBox server. Thankfully I found your posts. I will try to follow your indications to keep my DropBox going in my beloved N900. Answering your question I am sending you a screenshot of the Settings window of my DropN900 application before installing your upgrading.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to memeces For This Useful Post:
memeces: Thx for your screenshot. But i mean the button for choosing the remote folder. Have a look at the first post of this thread, third picture.
I'll have a look at this issue on weekend. Hopefully i'll get ready to put a new version of dropn900 into extras/devel on weekend, too.

Last edited by Marshall Banana; 2013-05-02 at 20:35. Reason: I can't type

Marshall Banana. All right. I was not getting any text on that button. But I cannot send you a screenshot because I have already installed your upgrading. Now it connects to the DropBox server and reads the files there but the synchronization is not working. It never ends. Looking at the log file I get a never ending list of errors, always with the dollowing message:

[SYNC ERROR]: Error parsing path in SyncResult.check_local_path()

Does anybody have a suggestion?

As an alternative for DropBox I have tried Ubuntu One, but the programs for the N900 do not allow for synchronization, as far as I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to memeces For This Useful Post:
memeces: thx for testing.

Please try the following:
Check the file /home/user/.dropn900/settings.ini, it should be something like this:

[download]
default-folder = /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900/
no-dialog = true

[automated-sync]
only-sync-on-wlan = false
update-interval = 10
sync-path = /
enabled = false

[authentication]
store-auth = true

Next: Start DropN900 and open the settings window. Set a local path, e. g. /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900. Under synchronizing press the button with no text, which we already talked about, and select the root folder /. Store the settings and check the settings.ini file again.

If your settings are correct and you still cannot sync plz report back and i'll make a dropn900 version with extended logging.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
I needed to install two additional packages to make this work:
python-setuptools
python-openssl

After that, though, it worked just fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I needed to install two additional packages to make this work:
python-setuptools
python-openssl

After that, though, it worked just fine.

I did not succeed installing the two python packages. I am not very familiar with Linux commands. With what I tried I got the following error messages:

Code:
~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # apt-get install python-setuptools
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing libqtm-12 (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
/home/user # 
/home/user # apt-get install python-openssl   
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing libqtm-12 (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
/home/user #
Could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.