Active Topics

Originally Posted by tso View Post
confirmed, power button works fine.

but i notice that the lock only dims the screen, any key or screen press is still passed on to and may result in unintended consequences.
I saw the same until I rebooted.

but i notice that the lock only dims the screen, any key or screen press is still passed on to and may result in unintended consequences.
1) hardware lock or the software lock button in adv-sys?

2) if software lock, is the charger attached? Does it change if you attach or remove charger?

3) if software lock and not on charger, are you using a short or long press? Does short and long presses produce different results?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Gambol was right about the reboot.

Still, it may be a bit toeasy to unlock on the n800 as its just a press of the power button. Systemui used a combo of power and center dpad.

But pressing power button to unlock is a feature!! Serious!

I'll add a setting to use current method or require power button + unlock button to unlock when the config dialog is added.

hehe, the multi-button combo helps avoid accidental unlocks when the device is in a pocket or similar.

btw i see that the backlight controller jumps between levels of 20, much like the default backlight applet. Is there a plan to make it more like the advanced backlight applet, and allow any selection between 1 and 127? And perhaps include some - and + buttons at the ends of the sliders?

There is no way the n810 power button could accidently be pressed, is the n800's button different?

And yes, more backlight levels are on the todo list.

On the N800 the power button sits right next to the zoom and full-screen buttons. It is recessed into the frame, but still quite possible to hit.

is there a reason why i see the message "touch screen and keys active" each time the turns on after idling?

iirc, that message used to only show when i actually unlocked the n800.

Last edited by tso; 2010-10-10 at 18:18.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
is there a reason why i see the message "touch screen and keys active" each time the turns on after idling?

iirc, that message used to only show when i actually unlocked the n800.
I get that too on my N810, didn't happen before.

Last edited by elliott; 2010-10-10 at 20:38.

The active and lock notifications are only sent when MCE sends the tklock_mode_ind signal and that only happens on my n810 when the hardware lock button is pressed. The lock signal is also sent by MCE when you long press the on-screen lock button. It isn't however sent when the power button unlocks the screen but I'm working on manually displaying the unlock notification.

This mimics the behavior of systemui on my tablet and I will need more detailed information from both of you if it is doing something different.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox