Active Topics

Poll: If you'd like to meet, which of these apply to you?
Poll Options
If you'd like to meet, which of these apply to you?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I think I will be going to London before the end of year but sadly not in the Nokia World days (as due to some bureucracy problems I missed the launch window. Never got an invitation either way.).

Quite a pity. I really don't want the SF conference to be the last meeting of the Maemites

(I guess it was a good one, but I was not able to attend ).

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-10-24 at 00:57.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
I'll be landing Tuesday morning...with my magenta, cyan, and black N9...

The Following User Says Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I think I can't make it today. I'll be around BFI in Waterloo tomorrow for the Nokia Maps party, someone willing to meet before or after the event?

There're quite a lot of decent places (not all tested!) going East from the IMAX Waterloo towards Tower Bridge. How feasible the Southbank would be for those at NW and staying in docklands, I'm not sure.
I'm not taking the reins on this because not sure I could make it but what do those seeking a beer on Tuesday think?
Docklands (near Excel) or London proper? Katherine's dock could be a good comprimise?

ps. To all non-Londoners: save yourselves a packet - get an Oyster card. Tube goes from £4 each trip down to £1.90!

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I'm out in NW London so can get in easy enough....but it'd still be handy if we could narrow the options to save me heading in every night

...any preferred manner of identifying each other other than bluetooth or phones on the table?

Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I'm out in NW London so can get in easy enough....but it'd still be handy if we could narrow the options to save me heading in every night
Do you mean Nokia World London, or North West London? This seems to be what's being suggested so far...

Mon 24th - current idea is to meet in the city (see thread). If you can make it tonight, great! Please put your ten chars in that thread.

Tue 25th - some people will be at IMAX Waterloo but there maybe goings on out in docklands. TBC.

Wed 26th - After-party, docklands (Excel) or east london. TBC

Thur 27th - TBA

Fri 28th - TBA.
...any preferred manner of identifying each other other than bluetooth or phones on the table?
If you fancy a beer tonight I'll post pub and table location on thread. Hopefully, the well known faces of Jaffa, THP and Texrat will be about.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-10-24 at 11:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Heh. North West London. D'oh. I'll see if I can find out what times things are happening and when I'll be free.

...and the results are in... Can't really get there until 7:40ish, so will sit this one out.

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2011-10-24 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
I'll be landing Tuesday morning...with my magenta, cyan, and black N9...
Show off!

Have a good time everyone - it's a pity I can't make it. I'd love to be there with my black N9, even if the focus might be on a different operating system.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Don't have a link to the Tuesday organisation thread, but the Champions' event should be finished by about 1930, it seems.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Cool, so maybe you and Texrat may join around the BFI (check the other thread for today, don't have the link myself) ?