Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
I have QTirreco installed on my n900 and everything works fine with my Topfield satellite receiver and most of my Panasonic TV except one thing. The power button works when I turn the TV off but I am unable to turn the TV back on from standby with QTirreco.

I have a SKY remote which can operate the TV fine including the power, why does QTirreco struggle with turning the TV on? This is a TV where you have to hold the power button for several seconds before it powers on, I hold the power button within QTirreco, the red light on my TV flickers but that's it.
Are you sure that you aren't turning off the tv while it is turning on(hence the flickering on the led)? Try not to hold the button, just tap it and wait a few seconds.

My tv will keep turning on and off if I keep pressing the power button, and it takes forever to turn on to, but I have to just tap and wait, not keep pressing the power.

I have QTirreco installed on my n900 and everything works fine with my Topfield satellite receiver and most of my Panasonic TV except one thing. The power button works when I turn the TV off but I am unable to turn the TV back on from standby with QTirreco.

I have a SKY remote which can operate the TV fine including the power, why does QTirreco struggle with turning the TV on? This is a TV where you have to hold the power button for several seconds before it powers on, I hold the power button within QTirreco, the red light on my TV flickers but that's it.
Post your config file; I might have an answer for you.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Post your config file; I might have an answer for you.
How do I access my config file? Where is it stored on my n900?

How do I access my config file? Where is it stored on my n900?
Let's start with:

Code:
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Are you sure that you aren't turning off the tv while it is turning on(hence the flickering on the led)? Try not to hold the button, just tap it and wait a few seconds.

My tv will keep turning on and off if I keep pressing the power button, and it takes forever to turn on to, but I have to just tap and wait, not keep pressing the power.
No, even with the TV remote, if I tap once the power button to turn the TV on, it doesn't do anything. I have to hold the button down, the TV's red light starts flickering then turns green.

Let's start with:

Code:
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
I don't know how to access that directory from File Manager but I found my config file elsewhere.

Code:
Background: image 
Image: /home/user/MyDocs/.images/Wallpaper/raining.jpg

button: Next
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/next/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/next/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/next/button.conf
position: 144, 0
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi P+
end commandChain

button: Prev
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/prev/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/prev/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/prev/button.conf
position: 0, 0
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi P-
end commandChain

button: OK
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/ok/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/ok/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/ok/button.conf
position: 144, 288
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi Ok
end commandChain

button: V +
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/button.conf
position: 144, 144
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi V+
end commandChain

button: V -
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/blank/button.conf
position: 0, 144
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi V-
end commandChain

button: TV Vol +
fileNameUnPressed: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/blank/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/blank/pressed.png
confFileName: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/blank/button.conf
position: 656, 16
commandChain:
command: TX-25MK1 RIGHT/VOL+
end commandChain

button: TV Vol -
position: 512, 16
commandChain:
command: TX-25MK1 LEFT/VOL-
end commandChain

button: Power
fileNameUnPressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/power/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/power/pressed.png
confFileName: /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/.themes/modern/buttons/power/button.conf
position: 288, 0
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi Power
end commandChain

button: -/--
fileNameUnPressed: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/power/unpressed.png
fileNamePressed: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/power/pressed.png
confFileName: /opt/qtirreco/themes/default/buttons/power/button.conf
position: 656, 272
commandChain:
command: TX29AD10C POWER
end commandChain

button: TV/AV
position: 512, 272
commandChain:
command: TX-25MK1 TV/AV
end commandChain

button: Guide
position: 0, 288
commandChain:
command: TF4000Fi Guide
end commandChain
Themes: modern 
Theme versions: 2008-11-04 15:25:56/
LircConfs: TF4000Fi TX-25MK1 TX29AD10C 
LircPaths: t/topfield/TF4000Fi p-r/panasonic/TX-25MK1 p-r/panasonic/TX29AD10C

Okay, let's try the simple way first. Create a new button called 'On'. Add the 'Power' command 5 times.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
with all of the high end remotes pronto crestron etc. you can find the lirc codes or hex codes of any remote start here there is more in the middle of the page. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=922721

I had tried it's not easy but it is possible to find and add almost any command

Okay, let's try the simple way first. Create a new button called 'On'. Add the 'Power' command 5 times.
Done but did not help. Holding down the power button causes the red light on the TV to blink once rather than flicker several times and turn to green like the original remote and SKY remote.

Done but did not help. Holding down the power button causes the red light on the TV to blink once rather than flicker several times and turn to green like the original remote and SKY remote.
Try adding 5 more and so on until it works. You don't need to hold the 'button' down on the n900.