Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
But that also removes pygame which is a bad idea, as some none-game Python applications use that.
2nd that. It's probably safer to list and filter to find game related packages ie. # dpkg -l | grep mahjong and then remove them individually. # apt-get remove osso-mahjong osso-graphics-game-mahjong osso-sounds-game-mahjong

[edit] I don't own a N900 so I can't check if default games depend on some other packages that are required for firmware updates to work smoothly (as some in this thread have suggested). So do at your own risk.

Last edited by ladoga; 2009-12-09 at 13:52. Reason: disclaimer

I am fine with the games... The More i Read the more i get confused...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
See also Bug 3602 especially comment 42 regarding N900/Maemo 5.

Are you talking about applications like Amazon and whatever other ones that will make you install something first before using it (yet the show up in the applications already?)

Can't you install them and then uninstall them, I think that's how you got rid of Gizmo on the n800 (it was similar.. it was listed in the applications yet when you clicked on it it opened up the application manager to install it).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I already got rid of amazon and whatever application through uninstall in app manager..
The reason i was interested in getting the games out as i don't use it and they use unwanted space in menu. I wish nokia had give option to create folders and i could dump all the unwanted application in extra folder..

Originally Posted by Imtiyaz View Post
The reason i was interested in getting the games out as i don't use it and they use unwanted space in menu. I wish nokia had give option to create folders and i could dump all the unwanted application in extra folder..
Please vote for Bug 5349.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Please vote for Bug 5349.
from what i read it sounded like this is a bug for the arrangement of sorts, and not a sure way to delete the pre-installed games and other aps...

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
from what i read it sounded like this is a bug for the arrangement of sorts, and not a sure way to delete the pre-installed games and other aps...
That's right. Please see the message I was replying to. The bug about no way to delete pre-installed apps is covered by my other message as follows:

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
See also Bug 3602 especially comment 42 regarding N900/Maemo 5.

Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Losing the metapackage would prevent updates pulling in anything new (unless it was a dependency of another update) but you'd still get updates of all the installed packages surely? The individual updates all appear as normal debs in repositories, no?
I think now it's good time to return for this. Yes losing the metapackage (uninstalling the default games) prevents Application Manager seeing the firmware updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Snowierasha
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I think now it's good time to return for this. Yes losing the metapackage (uninstalling the default games) prevents Application Manager seeing the firmware updates.
Well, assuming f/w upgrades from the AppManager often lead to GSM module to start losing cellular network...not a big deal.
A good f/w updated is complete flush over usb cable.

I vote for dpkg -r