Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
A note to any of you who tried to donate but their donations got rejected or rolled back: The shop is doing some plausibility tests using an external web service to check and validate credibility of credit card transactions. We don't have any influence or insight into that algorithm, and we only can appologize if you were not able to donate or your donation got rolled back later on.
If your "destination" is not in the dropdown list and you can't even do or don't want to do plain money transfer to our IBAN/SWIFT/bank-account-number then please contact info AT goldelico DOT com so Nikolaus can help you complete your transaction nevertheless. Please use subject "Neo900 donation from 'other destination' " to allow for some spam filtering on our side.
If your donation didn't get accepted or got rolled back, please also contact same mail addr, include the transaction number in subject. We don't reject serious donations, every one of you is an appreciated user for us!
If you want some special processing of your donation, like concatenating or splitting of donations... mention that in your order message text and send a mail to above addr with your transaction number in subject.

Many thanks and sorry for the inconveniences this shopping system (and money in general ;-D ) introduces to our lifes. Please keep the donations rolling, we're not yet there.
cheers
jOERG
i suggest you putting these on #1 . it is hard to find them.
http://bbs.dospy.com/forum-315-1.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yaliang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Say you get the 200 orders or whatever confirmed number. Is there possibility of extras, or can there be additional production in small amounts or will there only be larger runs?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
It begins once again.

We've just been /.'ed.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...to-nokias-n900
Go on there and talk up the device. Or talk up Sailfish. Slashdot articles get hundreds of thousands of hits.

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Oh no, /. is this thread all over again. Why not capacitive, why not this, why not that... I mean, why are people so BLOODY STUPID? (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Oh no, /. is this thread all over again. Why not capacitive, why not this, why not that... I mean, why are people so BLOODY STUPID? (Sorry, couldn't help it.)
That's the wrong attitude. They are not stupid. They see it differently than you. Add your arguments in the thread and leave it at that. Too many take discussions personal like their phone or knowledge is the right way or only way. It's not. Focus on the neo900...an why it's cool, interesting and useful.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Aha! I remember my old question: what are the odds of NFC?? I'm doing a lot of home automation with NFC lately. Would be good to move android setup to Maemo!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2013-11-04 at 21:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That's the wrong attitude. They are not stupid. They see it differently than you. Add your arguments in the thread and leave it at that.
Waste of time. If a product lacks a feature you covet, then the product is not for you. Go find one that has what you want. Simple as that. Whining about why it does not have this or does not have that is plain stupid. I stand by my words.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Waste of time. If a product lacks a feature you covet, then the product is not for you. Go find one that has what you want. Simple as that. Whining about why it does not have this or does not have that is plain stupid. I stand by my words.
don't disagree about your first line. But the attacks that come second is the reason that the thread spin out of control. both partys attacks each other for unrelated things. This is the last post from me related to this subject.

What about this country-by-county. Is that in the works or postponed?

I also trying to share the link to this thread and http://neo900.org/ as much as possible. I DARE you to do the same.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-03 at 10:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
It would be nice to have an overview somewhere how many of these 700+Euro buyers are actually out there.
You must have this number somewhere, so writing it down (and keeping it up to date) here in the first post or somewhere over at neo900.org would be great.

To my understanding this magical number of 200 is even more important/harder to reach than the 25000 Euro donations bar, and this poll is at least slightly off because some people change their minds (usually to the better for this project).

As for device design, I was serious about that watchdog thing. So if you implement one, please make it optional.
Another thing that would be important to me is a keyboard backlight. So it would be great if at least the LEDs were in the body and worked just like in the N900 or if they had some easily accessible interface (somewhere in the /sys tree).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Asking same questions over and over seems actually stupid, when all the answers are already there.

For the R-TS, until Dos1 can add it to the FAQ, here you are:
Q:Why resistive touchscreen?

A:For the same reasons as above. However, we trully consider resistive touch screen from N900 as superior to capacitive screens, thanks to increased precision and exceptionally good sensitiveness, unlike many other resistive screens. We believe that choosing capacitive screen would be considered a regression by current Maemo and Openmoko power users.

Do this on a capacitive touchscreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66RBfrBgL2E

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!