Good news, everybody.

You may remember that a while back I was working on porting a modern GTK+ and glib stack. Well, I haven't gotten GTK+ done yet (tens of thousands of lines of patch code), but I figured out what was causing my glib port to trash gtk themes (it was my own error) and I'm happy to announce that I have a full glib stack based on version 2.30.2 working in Scratchbox. Currently the only major problem that I can tell is that the enter key doesn't work...hmm...working on this.

I'm abroad right now and don't have my N800 to test ARM binaries, nor am I entirely sure that it would be appropriate to upload my source package to the unstable repository. But at any rate, it's mostly working. Once finished, this should give us the ability to run newer software. I actually have a preliminary port of AbiWord 2.9.1 running in Scratchbox, which is much faster and more stable than the current Maemo version. (Not much use though since the enter key isn't working yet.)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to earksiinni For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by earksiinni View Post
I'm happy to announce that I have a full glib stack based on version 2.30.2 working in Scratchbox.
That's amazing, thanks for doing this!

Currently the only major problem that I can tell is that the enter key doesn't work...hmm...working on this.
AFAIK it never did, I always had to use the keypad enter key instead.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
AFAIK it never did, I always had to use the keypad enter key instead.
Ah, I've never tried to run a text editor in Scratchbox before so I didn't know this. How is it then that the enter key on Bluetooth/USB keyboards works fine?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the whole enter/return thing has always been weird.

Iirc, dpad center maps to return while osk and N810 return maps to enter.

Last edited by tso; 2012-06-11 at 03:37.

Tags
diablo, maemo 4