Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
slide off and mounted reversible to protect screen i can do
Very cool! The only thing I should note is that you'd probably want to allow for some sort of soft lining on the inside of the sliding panel; I doubt that the glass will scratch easily, but that's pretty much the only downside I see with my Casio cover. (I guess it'd also reduce scratches on the back side, if you do implement a reversible slider. )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Just needs some of the soft felt material lining it like Nokia used on the official N900 case.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Very cool! The only thing I should note is that you'd probably want to allow for some sort of soft lining on the inside of the sliding panel
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Just needs some of the soft felt material lining it like Nokia used on the official N900 case.
Something like velvet?

slide off and mounted reversible to protect screen i can do
If possible, attach a strong enough kickstand to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Something like velvet?
I'm not sure what the best material would be... But I do know that you can get rolls of scratch-protective material fairly easily.

Hmm. Browsing Amazon, here are a few rolls of fairly thick felt:

Lots of colors to choose from, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
If possible, attach a strong enough kickstand to it.
Ah, that would be nice, but would get in the way of a reversible sliding cover. (Unless you somehow set up the kickstand on the reversible cover itself...)

I think it'd be better to choose either a front-cover or a kickstand, rather than both at once.

EDIT: Unless we're talking a one-piece reversible cover here; I was thinking a two-piece cover, one for the back side (that stays on all the time), and another for the front side, that slides off when you want to use the tablet...

EDIT2: Yeah, actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Dirkvl is describing a single structure that slides onto the tablet in either direction. In any case, I'm pretty terrible with hardware of any sort, so I will sit down and be quiet for a while here.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-09-01 at 17:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Something like this

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Something like this

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/b6qzegsv9t1e8oa/P1020898.JPG
Simple and elegant!

anyone interested in full carbonfiber (real carbon + epoxy) casing for the tablet?
Maybe...depends how happy I'm with the LastuCase.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Some random thoughts on Dirkvl's cover:

-- I'm not sure it even needs a cutout for the back camera. I don't know how often I'd be using the camera, and even when I did, I think it wouldn't be too hard to just slide the cover back a couple of centimeters to expose it.

-- On the other hand, it might be useful to provide some holes for the speakers, to keep them from being muffled. I guess I'm conflicted on the idea of cutting openings into this cover.

-- My Casio cover slides into a track along the sides of the calculator which features a small bump at the end to "lock" the cover into place. The tablet doesn't have that feature, but maybe adding a lip on one side of the cover, stopping it from sliding any further, would make it easier to keep the cover aligned with the tablet...

-- If the carbon fiber material is strong enough to manage, it might be nice to provide some additional space between the tablet and the interior of the cover; enough at least to fit a few items, such as a felt lining to protect against scratches, a magnet for the hall-effect sensor, or even pockets for little items like extra microSD cards.