Posts: 30 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
I experienced occasional system freezes on my N9 and they seem to accumulate recently. Has anybody else witnessed random freezes?
In particular they happen while trying to scroll a list especially within the Nokia shop app. In the beginning I thought those freezes where limited to that app and an annoying bug of it but lately they popped up in several situations, while scrolling through contacts or even scrolling in the app launcher home screen.

I would be grateful if somebody had a hint perhaps to some weird software issue or even a hardware defect. In that case I would need to get a replacement as soon as possible.

I had this exact issue and had to return my handset as it was definately a fault, this was confirmed by the store I purchased from(Handtec) who said they had several returned and was a bad batch.

I'm guessing yours is also a 64GB version? According to Hantec they had no 16GB versions returned with this issue, only the 64GB(as mine was).

Looks like you'd better look into returned your phone I'm afraid, it doesn't get better. Here was my thread on the issue http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82118

Thanks for the info. Those are bad news. I phoned my shop today who passed me on to Nokia (they have some f**king bad service center!!). I would need to send my device in. I see already many weeks without my lovely phone and many ping pong sends: "sorry we couldn't find anything". If the freezes remain rather sparse I will probably stick with it before I got into the hassle of bad services.

So is it a 64GB?

Just interested to see if any of the 16GB's have this fault.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
So is it a 64GB?

Just get the LUmia.....

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just get the LUmia.....
why? why lumia?! why windows phone ?

and not maemo?

Originally Posted by endboss View Post
I experienced occasional system freezes on my N9 and they seem to accumulate recently. Has anybody else witnessed random freezes?
In particular they happen while trying to scroll a list especially within the Nokia shop app. In the beginning I thought those freezes where limited to that app and an annoying bug of it but lately they popped up in several situations, while scrolling through contacts or even scrolling in the app launcher home screen.

I would be grateful if somebody had a hint perhaps to some weird software issue or even a hardware defect. In that case I would need to get a replacement as soon as possible.
I would try to reinstall OS by Nokia Software Updater FIRST ... you will loose your installed apps, so you have to install them again after that, but it might be just a good point, if your problem lays with them ...

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
So is it a 64GB?

Yes, it's the 64 one.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just get the LUmia.....
Well, if it had a linux kernel, a root shell, GNU environment, apps are coded in native C++ and 64gb, well then it might be an option

Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
I would try to reinstall OS by Nokia Software Updater FIRST ... you will loose your installed apps, so you have to install them again after that, but it might be just a good point, if your problem lays with them ...
That was my plan. I will wait for the 1.2 firmware.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by endboss View Post

I had occasional freezes with PR1.0, for example unlocking the device. After updating to PR1.1 those vanished.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
I had the 16gb and no problems, upgraded to the 64gb, freezes constantly.

Bah..