Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Could you do a second diff patch to add this functionality? I don't feel like adding Aries files, as they seem to be from PR1.2s Drive.

Or at least do a summary what to do.

Thanks!
The files are from PR1.3's Drive.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Cool. confirming my previous post. It works and looks great!!

The Following User Says Thank You to solstice88 For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys for confirming that automatic day/night work. I saw the comments and took the non-working status for granted....
Updated first post to include automatic mod as well, will include new patch when it's available.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Last missing item would be the ability to touch the "distance left" to switch it to "time left". Symbians drive had that.

And traffic rerouting of course, but I doubt this is hidden in there....
I don't think there are codes for these features. But I think the first one community can implement it.

I took a look at the source code, it should be in components/Dashboard.qml. The speed and distance blocks are wrapped under AssistanceItem {}. We have speed and distance variables available so distance/speed + some decoration to beautify the output and alas we have the minutes left to destination. However, I think in GPS they do something extra to avoid erratic jumping of the value, for example smooth the speed over a certain period. Any idea on how to do the smoothing?

Traffic re-route might be tricky, I haven't looked deeper but I would think we need get info from traffic and routing models to know there is traffic event along the original route. Unless there are some ready-to-use signals to trigger re-route event....

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I don't think there are codes for these features. But I think the first one community can implement it.

I took a look at the source code, it should be in components/Dashboard.qml. The speed and distance blocks are wrapped under AssistanceItem {}. We have speed and distance variables available so distance/speed + some decoration to beautify the output and alas we have the minutes left to destination. However, I think in GPS they do something extra to avoid erratic jumping of the value, for example smooth the speed over a certain period. Any idea on how to do the smoothing?

Traffic re-route might be tricky, I haven't looked deeper but I would think we need get info from traffic and routing models to know there is traffic event along the original route. Unless there are some ready-to-use signals to trigger re-route event....
Maybe someone with Symbian devices can also try seeing if the Drive app on Symbian is written in QML. If so, then we would have a reference...

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
I get
-sh: /usr/bin/patch: Operation not permitted
Problem with Aegis? Normal 755 perms.

Am seeing APT problems - related? Aegis will not let me upgrade fennec, and " cannot be authenticated! libgpg-error0 libpcap0.8 libpixman-1-0".

I tried to use the zip file linked above, but no unzip on the N9. So why use zip instead of tar?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Patch for day/night mode has been added:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=27

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that!

I applied the patch and switched to auto, but now it's at night mode and it's definately not night atm

Any idea?

Same here, only night mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to jimthefly For This Useful Post: