Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
I was surfing the web and stumbled upon N9 at Best Buy:

https://rewardzonemobile.com/detail/nokia-n9-00-mobile-phone-black-unlocked-/2691

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Interesting....

Would be nice if they actually mentioned the capacity. At that price I would hope it's not the 16GB.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
In my country a new N9 black 16Gb costs around $570 in online stores (prices went up recently). So (not incl. taxes) it's still cheap at BestBuy

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
too expensive . Here new N9 cost between 350-400 $

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
In my country it's impossible to get N9 from any store. There's certain irony in that.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
In my country it's impossible to get N9 from any store. There's certain irony in that.
Well you are from the now land of lumias

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
This is really strange, since the N9 was not supposed to be in distribution in the US, nor was there to be warranty support available. I suppose this has changed?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
This is really strange, since the N9 was not supposed to be in distribution in the US, nor was there to be warranty support available. I suppose this has changed?
Nah it has been in the US through various minor channels since quite sometime... In fact Nokia Business USA has been listing it as a business solution since a number of months...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
In Australia, a big chain (dick smith) just unloaded their remaining N9 stock at $99.
There was a very undignified scramble, and I think the staff got most of them. A pity, since the staff will probably be not appreciate them. I hope some get resold rather than rotting in a drawer.

Last edited by myk; 2012-12-16 at 04:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to myk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Nah it has been in the US through various minor channels since quite sometime... In fact Nokia Business USA has been listing it as a business solution since a number of months...
Yes, I remember the N9 being available via Nokia's enterprise solutions channel. The fact that Nokia appears to be offering official support and distribution in a consumer channel is what seems different this time.

(Of course I realize that the N9 has been available in the US for some time, I live in the US and had to purchase my two n9s via importers)