Poll: Are you getting a Pandora console?
Poll Options
Are you getting a Pandora console?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I was just wondering if we could get an idea of how many ITT users buying Pandora consoles. Also who? All votes are public
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Got a Beagle, may get a Pandora later.

I want it bad but can't really afford another new toy right now.

As cool as it looks, I wish they sold a none gaming model also..

I'm not much of a gamer, but I like the whole super "mini" computer thing. Now with the Pandora, the built in controller turns me off. I would consider it if it gets good reviews though...

Last edited by migs; 2008-10-02 at 03:54.

Hell, yes. Like my 800, but kbd, much faster, 10 hr battery, USB slave and master. I can't imagine why the game controllers might be an issue. At most, you ignore them (but prolly you use them for *something*).

The only advantage the Nokias have is the camera, and they never used them properly.

Hi,

I am rather new to owning an NIT but the Pandora does look interesting.

Not much of a gamer but am intrigued in the multimedia abilities more.

If the reviews come out and rave over the multimedia abilities, I might be interested so I voted for the wait and see the reviews first option in the poll.

If the reviews are less than stellar, I think I will wait for the next generation of the NIT.

David

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by gisborne View Post
The only advantage the Nokias have is the camera, and they never used them properly.
Only? How about having a real software distribution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Yes I preordered the Pandora. And the gaming keys could come useful to bind to ctrl, alt, and other symbols lacking from its keyboard.
I hope to use it as a mini-laptop - I'm not interested in gaming at all.

I've pre-ordered one; will serve as a useful testbed for code for the next Nokia device (rather than buying what will eventually only be a slightly cheaper Beagle board - after shipping, tax, etc.).

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I'm keeping an eye on Pandora. I'll wait until the "N900" arrives and at what price point, then compare to Pandora. Also the software availability for each platform will be very important.

Tags
pandora