when I try to update the latest version. A message appears saying "insufficient memory at destination target" (it is a translation from French).
I have left 1,66 G available to install applications, and 12G left in general.

What can I do?

thanks
Fernand

Hi,

Originally Posted by fernand.st-Georges View Post
when I try to update the latest version. A message appears saying "insufficient memory at destination target" (it is a translation from French).
I have left 1,66 G available to install applications, and 12G left in general.
this is the space, which is left on the emmc, but important for the update is the rootfs. One possibility is to disable (if enabled) the extras, extras-testing and extras-devel repository in the application manager - this should free some space for your update.

edit: and more tips you can find here

Daniel

Last edited by danielwilms; 2010-05-28 at 11:21. Reason: link added

thanks, it worked.

Fernand

Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Hi,

this is the space, which is left on the emmc, but important for the update is the rootfs. One possibility is to disable (if enabled) the extras, extras-testing and extras-devel repository in the application manager - this should free some space for your update.

edit: and more tips you can find here

Daniel

Whenever i try to update to the latest maemo 5 version its says " Conflict with application packages: libgles-sgx-img (0.20091104.34+0m5)" and also i've check the application using the given package for uninstallation for couldnt find in the application manager.

Guys if anyone know the solution please please help me out...i'd be ever gratefull to you all
I've listed the screenshot below.
Attached Images

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Golian View Post
Whenever i try to update to the latest maemo 5 version its says " Conflict with application packages: libgles-sgx-img (0.20091104.34+0m5)" and also i've check the application using the given package for uninstallation for couldnt find in the application manager.
That's probably one of the 3D games - sdlquake and openarena are commonly the issue, but it could be another one.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That's probably one of the 3D games - sdlquake and openarena are commonly the issue, but it could be another one.

Thanks Rob !
....have tried that too but aint still working !ll

...dunno whats really wrong with my update package.

Thanks Rob !
....have tried that too but aint still working !ll

...dunno whats really wrong with my update package.
Well, if you've got rootsh installed, you can try running the following in X Terminal (make sure you have app manager closed, otherwise you'll just get an error):
Code:
root
apt-get remove libgles-sgx-img
That should show you what applications are depending on the package, and you can either go ahead and uninstall them from there, or go back in and do it via app manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Please note that this thread is about PR 1.2 not 1.3. Please follow the instructions below to install the latest firmware

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Well, if you've got rootsh installed, you can try running the following in X Terminal (make sure you have app manager closed, otherwise you'll just get an error):
Code:
root
apt-get remove libgles-sgx-img
That should show you what applications are depending on the package, and you can either go ahead and uninstall them from there, or go back in and do it via app manager.

Since m not familiar with the command line, i did as you posted and got the following result...(screenshot)...by the way i also have rootsh installed...thanks !
Attached Images

Since m not familiar with the command line, i did as you posted and got the following result...(screenshot)...by the way i also have rootsh installed...thanks !
Did you type "root" first? You've not switched to the root user, and that should have done it. You could also try "sudo gainroot" instead.