I want to actually read the page, not only to look at it and admire web designer job. So opera style optional auto text reflow would have been great - best of both worlds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
One more thing: build-in image converter (even basic one) in "Photos".
So you can open image and "Save as" option is not only for saving the same picture with different name, but in different format too (i.e. *.png).

Last edited by artpra; 2013-08-30 at 11:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by hcavjr View Post
Phone: possibility to edit number of received call before calling back or before adding as new contact.
I hope the default would be infinity. The last thing I want is my phone calling back or adding numbers to my contacts without asking.

Contacts: enable arrow keys while editing numeric fields
Now that would be nice. I didn't even know it wasn't allowed. It's such an obvious thing.

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Implement auto text reflow to microb and make the best maemo browser even better.
Constantly scrolling left and right to read zoomed in pages is PITA.
Again, I hope the default is no. The whole point of zoom is to magnify the portion of the whole while maintaining the integrity of the whole.

Besides, it might be impossible to implement. Most sites nowadays define the layout by style sheets. They don't even allow text reflow when viewed on a screen with a lower resolution than what the page has been "optimized" for.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Again, I hope the default is no. The whole point of zoom is to magnify the portion of the whole while maintaining the integrity of the whole.

Besides, it might be impossible to implement. Most sites nowadays define the layout by style sheets. They don't even allow text reflow when viewed on a screen with a lower resolution than what the page has been "optimized" for.
I`m zooming in to read text, because at 100% it`s completely unreadable and I don`t care about "integrity of the whole" because I don`t even see "the whole" when I`m doing it.
Take look at Opera: now with microb I must scroll left and right to read any article while Opera reflows it to match screen width when zooming in. When zooming out at 100%, page is displayed like it was intended by its creator. So it is possible to implement it and it`s standard in many mobile browsers since forever. Only obstacle I can see is closed components of microb UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I hope the default would be infinity. The last thing I want is my phone calling back or adding numbers to my contacts without asking.
I think what he meant was: ability to edit the phone number of the calling person when calling back or adding to contacts (the second one is possible afaik, when you want to create new contact, you are redirected to new contact editing screen, where you can set contact details and edit the phone numer...). Otherwise it doesn't even make any sense to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Sane format of forwarded e-mails.
Ability to select text or to copy it from an opened e-mail.
Add support for arrows to scroll up and down in app menu and in task switcher.

Add possibility (configuration) to make rotation transition smoother, by rotating only the app which has focus (I guess that the task switcher would need to be updated in this case to display apps as squares (not as rectangles) - each app tile would be either scaled or cropped to fit a square.

Update GPS, so in case of no fix, to display your last position - not some arbitrary one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oxym For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I think what he meant was [...]
Ah, thanks. That makes much more sense!

Originally Posted by oxym View Post
Update GPS, so in case of no fix, to display your last position - not some arbitrary one.
Even better, start with the last position until a new fix is obtained.

I thought that's what you meant but I also thought it's better to say it explicitly.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
tell me how to change ua of opera

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
What about using qmlmozembed engine for microb?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
What about using qmlmozembed engine for microb?
Whatever, as long as it becomes faster, and not slower. And don't lose the signature swirl-to-zoom gesture.
Best wishes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900