Hi,

Not even sure its worth reporting as a bug fix anymore, not sure if it will be fixed or even be a new release of firmware one day.

Just want to make sure it is actually a bug and not just my n900.

If you put birthdays on your contacts, they normally come up in the calendar widget with a pink line next to them which was great. Since updating to 1.2 these have now gone from the widget (which shows events up to 12 months in the future instead). But they are still there when you click on the calendar. Is anyone finding the same?

Also as a side note, conversations widget is no longer showing

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
I think there is an update in devel for this

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
Hi,

Not even sure its worth reporting as a bug fix anymore, not sure if it will be fixed or even be a new release of firmware one day.

Just want to make sure it is actually a bug and not just my n900.

If you put birthdays on your contacts, they normally come up in the calendar widget with a pink line next to them which was great. Since updating to 1.2 these have now gone from the widget (which shows events up to 12 months in the future instead). But they are still there when you click on the calendar. Is anyone finding the same?

I've the same thing with birthdays not showing in the calendar widget

Looking at the changelog it seems to be this bug that made the change. So to fix the performance issue they just removed the feature.

Last edited by matrim; 2010-05-25 at 10:22.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
is the smart calendar activated (calendar-settings)?

i have the same issue ...

and yes, smart calender is activated, otherwise birthdays won't be visible in the calendar at all ... it's only the widget which doesn't show them

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
i checked the settings in the calendar app, and there is no setting for smart calendar. All that shows up for me are the following options: Edit calendars, Alarm tone, Delete items, and First day of week.

it's under "edit calenders" ... you can check/uncheck it there

Actually I just ran a test with adding a new contact with a birthday shows up fine but any old birthdays I have in my contacts don't show unless I go back into the contact and edit \ re-save the birthday

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
oh yeah... well in that case then yeah, it is activated, just like you mentioned, they're not shown on the widget itself, however for me they also don't show in the app itself in the month and week view, just in the agenda view

Originally Posted by matrim View Post
Actually I just ran a test with adding a new contact with a birthday shows up fine but any old birthdays I have in my contacts don't show unless I go back into the contact and edit \ re-save the birthday
you're right ... so that solves this for me, don't have that much birthdays saved ...
thanks!