Notices

Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Stuck at step 6.2 . Terminal says "In: not found" ? I am fairly proficient at different OS's (DOS, Windoze, a little BSD, and Linux) although I never really used terminal in all the Distro's I have had up and running on my servers and desktops I own. I am like totally new to terminal in Linux, always scared to screw something up. I am trying to be brave and take the plunge.
How did u get around this?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
FINALLLLLLYYY GOT IT DONE...now where that post about making it sound less robotic??? (using mbrola...where do i put that to make it sound nicer?)

Last edited by RobertHall; 2011-07-09 at 20:46.

Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
can anyone tell me how to get omvoiceserver working...whenever I try to give the location of voice file it crashes..I have latest .html file but cant get omvoice server workinking plsss help me

mine doesnt close...it just doesnt recognise the files....

nope still no turn left turn right...

can someone send me the link to the english (us or uk) female voice please? thanks

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
can someone send me the link to the english (us or uk) female voice please? thanks
If you mean for Espeak, look in your phone's System->Settings to see if you installed Espeak Time with Espeak. A change to the default voice of Espeak Time will also affect Espeak when it is called by other programs.

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
If you mean for Espeak, look in your phone's System->Settings to see if you installed Espeak Time with Espeak. A change to the default voice of Espeak Time will also affect Espeak when it is called by other programs.
sorry i meant the voice navgation voice..i keep downloading the male voice...wanted the female and us1 isnt recognised...

I got mine to work with voice at first - but after a couple of reboots the voice is gone, back to the old silence.... any one know what it could be? Profile is General and a "test" on Espeak GUI worked fine, so that part seems to be OK.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Thanks to all ! Maps working again ! Still don't have or know how to get voice to work , but I will keep trying. Also when starting OVI Maps it asksme for an internet connection. Does this have to be always on ? I have unlimited internet but still figuring out how to use loaded maps from memory card. Thanks !
Ovi maps needs data to for search only. Routing can be done offline. Sadly it'll still ask for data regardless of your intentions. To use downloaded maps, they need to be stored on the N900 itself and not the memory card. More detailed instructions as well as the files needed here: http://www.maemopeople.org/index.php...ut_a_network_c

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
http://www.hpsblog.com/2009/07/direc...0-without.html

At the bottom after the map data is the voice files

Originally Posted by rishabsp View Post
can anyone tell me how to get omvoiceserver working...whenever I try to give the location of voice file it crashes..I have latest .html file but cant get omvoice server workinking plsss help me
What voice files are you using? It currently needs the voice files to be written correctly. Someone previously had the same issue and it was the voice files.

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
I got mine to work with voice at first - but after a couple of reboots the voice is gone, back to the old silence.... any one know what it could be? Profile is General and a "test" on Espeak GUI worked fine, so that part seems to be OK.
Is the voice from espeak gone or all sound gone? omVoiceServer has a volume control, so it could be that. If its the actual files (turn left etc) then it might be something else. Let me know which one it is Edit: Forgot to mention you can also turn off espeak from the Options under omvoiceserver (Say Street Names). Make sure that its ticked to have espeak used.

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-07-12 at 14:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Thanks for looking into this Blaizzen, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Is the voice from espeak gone or all sound gone?
On command prompt if I do
espeak 'Test'
then it says "test" quite clearly - that seems to be working fine.

omVoiceServer has a volume control, so it could be that. If its the actual files (turn left etc) then it might be something else. Let me know which one it is
Volume seems OK (max).
Where can I check if the actual files are still present and OK?

Edit: Forgot to mention you can also turn off espeak from the Options under omvoiceserver (Say Street Names). Make sure that its ticked to have espeak used.
Had a look and option for "Say Street Names" was ticked and the test on espeak tab ("where is my pizza dude?" ) also worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikirk For This Useful Post: