Active Topics

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
We've all been screwed over by eReader at one point or another . I got over it...
Fortunately my investment's not too big but I won't buy anything more until they support linux/Maemo. Which for some reason appears will be never

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by andymulhearn View Post
Fortunately my investment's not too big but I won't buy anything more until they support linux/Maemo. Which for some reason appears will be never
Send them an angry mail. They probably won't read it, but you'll feel marginally better.

Next time you tell people over and over to read the readme files, please actually INCLUDE them.
Can't figure out the right-click to even get this started.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Mesquite, Texas
Not sure what to do with the rom and skin files. I have them unzipped. Any instructions would be a great help. Thanks

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Next time you tell people over and over to read the readme files, please actually INCLUDE them.
Can't figure out the right-click to even get this started.
sorry about that.....forgot to include them in the new packages I up'ed.

well you do need a keyboard.
or you can install synergy to share your desktop or notebooks keyboard.

actually to make life easier, first time starting POSe do it via command line.

- place the roms in what ever folder you would like.
preferably--> (/home/user/) <--preferably

- place skins folder in /home/user/

- start Terminal and type " pose -rom </location/of/m130.rom or /location/of/m505.rom>" Without the quotes.
If the skins folder is in /home/user/ It will detect it automatically pending on the rom you choose.

- Strongly advice after startup and setup of everything to press the fullscreen key and save the current state. You Will need to type in the name of the file you going to save it as <--(keyboard needed if you choose this route).
But....
A workaround to using the keyboard for saving the state of the emulator is by creating a file, name and give it the extension .psf
When you do press save now, locate the file you created and choose it and it will save to that .psf file.

Other option to all this typing is installing synergy, which was a ***** for me, firewall and router settings.
Or if you have a Bluetooth keyboard..

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Send them an angry mail. They probably won't read it, but you'll feel marginally better.
Interestingly the palm and pocket pc versions haven't been upped in version number for some time and eReader seem to be totally immune to requests from anyone for change - supporting VGA properly for a start.

I'll send them an email about how I don't plan to buy from them ever again. If I see any response, I'll pass the gist of it on.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Interestingly the palm and pocket pc versions haven't been upped in version number for some time and eReader seem to be totally immune to requests from anyone for change - supporting VGA properly for a start.

I'll send them an email about how I don't plan to buy from them ever again. If I see any response, I'll pass the gist of it on.
I didn't get any reply to mine.

But then, using innovative ways of calling them evil sons of b*tches would probably not have encouraged them to reply...

Still, I got that warm, comfy feeling any psychopath will immediately recognize, so I figure I'm ahead...

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Run shedloads of software that doens't run on the N*** series. For me that would be eReader's book reader for the DRM content I bought but can't read.
This is sad

1) Buying DRM content. Heh heh heh. Can't read it freely now can ye? Have we learned a lesson?

2) Viewing books on a palm. Mwhaaah! I jiggle with giggles. Books on a 160x160 screen....

Just say "NO" to DRM media. ZDNET says it best. It's CRAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKI_w_VBoTQ

Trusted Computing: An introduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1H7omJW4TI

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-06-25 at 17:36.

Run shedloads of software that doens't run on the N*** series. For me that would be eReader's book reader for the DRM content I bought but can't read.
Duh, come on.Buy more DRM stuff.Show your support of Digital Restrictions. I guess you're like too much to be bound to some specific device, program, etc and preferring to have a headache when accessing content you're bought?

IMHO an absolutely best thing you can do is to return bought items to seller and request moneyback since you're unable to use things you've bought. Let's them to have headaches instead of you, duh. Imho it is pretty strange when I'm paying money and some *****hole points me which device and software I can use.This is evil and ugly invasion into my privacy IMHO.

Originally Posted by PowerUser View Post
Duh, come on.Buy more DRM stuff.Show your support of Digital Restrictions. I guess you're like too much to be bound to some specific device, program, etc and preferring to have a headache when accessing content you're bought?

IMHO an absolutely best thing you can do is to return bought items to seller and request moneyback since you're unable to use things you've bought. Let's them to have headaches instead of you, duh. Imho it is pretty strange when I'm paying money and some *****hole points me which device and software I can use.This is evil and ugly invasion into my privacy IMHO.
You know, you're the second person who felt the need to upbraid me for buying DRM content.

And you know what, whether it's your humble opinion or not, you can shove it.