Active Topics

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Hi guys...

like i said in my previous posts, i have 2 phones, one for work and my baby/beast CSSU featured n900! (oced 1Ghz!)
my work phone is the htc wildfire(Boring!) and i recently felt the urge to change it and get another phone that had same specs as my baby(almost).

Anyway i got a good deal on a nokia n8 second hand simlocked to orange.now my questions are as follow:
A: will another sim card work on an orange simlocked phone and has anyone tried to use another sim(please note down your experiences) and....
B:if it doesnt work how can i get it unlocked from simlock so i can use another sim, since i live in Cyprus and the n8 i got from UK.

Many thanks in advance for the info and help provided!

Peace!

does anyone know?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
A: No, hence the term simlock. As it happens, I have an N8 that was initially locked to the Orange network, but has been unlocked. However, it was unlocked by the previous owner, so I don't know the full details of when/where/how.

B: I believe the N8 can only be unlocked using a special cable (i.e. you cannot just enter a code), so you would need to take it to a shop that provides this kind of service.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
A: No, hence the term simlock. As it happens, I have an N8 that was initially locked to the Orange network, but has been unlocked. However, it was unlocked by the previous owner.

B: I believe the N8 can only be unlocked using a special cable (i.e. you cannot just enter a code), so you would need to take it to a shop that provides this kind of service.
Thanks for the response.

and i guess flashing it wont work right?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
flashing wont fix it. but 'unlocking' a phone is easy and not a hassle. most mobile stores do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
flashing wont fix it. but 'unlocking' a phone is easy and not a hassle. most mobile stores do it.
maybe from where you are from, but for some reason in Cyprus they are complete and utter idiots! to give you an example, the nokia stores here are starting to sell samsung and sony erricsson just to make a buck and there are no nokia care shops here, more like nokia i dont care shops!

The Following User Says Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
ive got another question. how long do you need to have the phone before orange, or whoever, can release the unlock codes?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
ive got another question. how long do you need to have the phone before orange, or whoever, can release the unlock codes?
I think this will differ depending on the network operator. Some will provide the code straight away, but only for a fee. In any case, to unlock the N8 requires a special cable. The code is no use without it.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I think this will differ depending on the network operator. Some will provide the code straight away, but only for a fee. In any case, to unlock the N8 requires a special cable. The code is no use without it.
Thanks for the info but i was talking about the simlock code.

Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
Hi guys...

like i said in my previous posts, i have 2 phones, one for work and my baby/beast CSSU featured n900! (oced 1Ghz!)
my work phone is the htc wildfire(Boring!) and i recently felt the urge to change it and get another phone that had same specs as my baby(almost).

Anyway i got a good deal on a nokia n8 second hand simlocked to orange.now my questions are as follow:
A: will another sim card work on an orange simlocked phone and has anyone tried to use another sim(please note down your experiences) and....
B:if it doesnt work how can i get it unlocked from simlock so i can use another sim, since i live in Cyprus and the n8 i got from UK.

Many thanks in advance for the info and help provided!

Peace!
Before it was easy to get the unlock code through websites for free, but now on using the advance technology it's not possible to use these websites anymore. But you can still unlock your phone with a code not necessarily a cable, but it's not easy to figure out the code. it should be unlocked at Orange.

But always there is cheating, cable is the solution. you can buy a device which unlock your phone, but unfortunately I forget the name of this device, you can find it with a little search.