Posts: 62 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Malaysia
Hi,

[Update], version 0.0.2 is available which will work on PR1.1(N9) and PR1.2(N950).

Download link: http://linux4us.org/downloads/homesc....0.2_armel.deb
Announcement blogpost: http://blog.linux4us.org/2012/02/16/...1-1-and-pr1-2/

I would like to announce the initial release of "Home Screen Background Settings" application for Harmattan. It's a GUI application for setting the home screens background of your N9/N950

Please do visit the application release announcement post here before installing this application for guides on installing this application

Please make sure you undo all the settings you've done previously for enabling the home screens background before you proceed with installation of this application.

Please test the application and feedback are welcome, Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by cckwes; 2012-02-16 at 09:53. Reason: change the problematic link

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cckwes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Downloading and testing.

Great work.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Have installed but experienced unexpected behaviour. The app installed but when opened it showed only a black screen. I rebooted and noticed the default black wallpaper had been replaced with a pink/peachish screen. I un-installed the app and now the default black wallpaper is back.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Russia
only black screen! Desktop Notification now displays only the headers

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Originally Posted by kuzmichov View Post
only black screen! Desktop Notification now displays only the headers
Same here! Uninstalled the application, rebooted > Desktop Nofivications are fine again.. puh

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Same, here, only black screen. Hopefully this is fixable. Im sure that quite a few n9 owners have been waiting to change their wallpaper without having to input a script.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Please download "home screen settings" from the OVI Store, works MUCH better and has more options like "blurring"!

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Please download "home screen settings" from the OVI , works MUCH better and has more options like "blurring"!
] where do you see that option in the home screen settings app? There Are only three options in the settings menu on mine.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Malaysia
Hi,

sorry to inform that the link I gave for the first post is OBS build and contain some bugs with aegis, hence given out weird black screen. I've edit it and point to the deb package build with QtSDK and it should work now. Sorry for the trouble

Here's the updated link http://linux4us.org/downloads/homesc....0.1_armel.deb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cckwes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cckwes View Post
Hi,

sorry to inform that the link I gave for the first post is OBS build and contain some bugs with aegis, hence given out weird black screen. I've edit it and point to the deb package build with QtSDK and it should work now. Sorry for the trouble

Here's the updated link http://linux4us.org/downloads/homesc....0.1_armel.deb
Installed The version from the new link. Still same issue.