Active Topics

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by konvctd View Post
bumping an old thread...

this just happend to me.. phone was working fine.. closed the screen.. hour later went to look at a message and.... black screen!!! same as OP as everything else seems to work.. notification lights camera ect ect...

as for gabby's post.. what is MMC?? is that the sim?? thanks
MMC is the memory card i think. Basically, turn the phone off, remove memory card and reboot, although personally i'd turn off, remove battery, remove memory card, reinstall battery and turn on. If it's all ok, reinstall the memory card.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Australia
doesn't it have inbuilt memory though?

i dont have a micro sd card in the phone

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malaysia
hi richwhite, i got the same problem here, do u know how to solve this problem? I already try to remove battery and reinstall battery, but its still blank screen T.T

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
@konvctd, yes it does have inbuilt memory, if you don't have an sd card (are you sure?) then just remove the battery, hold down the power button for 30 seconds and try turning it on.

@Kelven1000, nope, sorry, i've never had it, i was just clarifying the MMC issue

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Australia
ill check when i get home.. as its not with me at work.. its kinda useless at the moment! haha

if i have an sd card there ill take it out and the battery.. then put it back together minus the sd card and try turning it on..

how would an sd card stop it from displaying an image though?

hey electr* i just had an exactly similar problem with my 13 month 900...don't know what 2 do...did everything from flashing to tv-out and all,but nothing seems to work,,,

could u tell how your problem got solved??..
thnx

try to replace your sim card

Digging up an old thread again - Did anyone get any feedback from nokia as mines just done this all of a sudden!

Craig

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
what exactly is it doing give some background did you just get it, install anything new recently, does tv out work, have u dropped it

could be a bad cable ....software problems ....bad screen ...hardware

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
what exactly is it doing give some background did you just get it, install anything new recently, does tv out work, have u dropped it

could be a bad cable ....software problems ....bad screen ...hardware
Well basically the phone was working fine, no issues then i got a text went to check it and the screen didnt work.
Tv out doesnt work
Not dropped
The phone still intereacts though IE i can still make genstures for it to vibrate and it still rings etc...