Hi,

Here is the unreleased nokia tablet (prototype version build hwid 0101).

http://hpics.li/2648beb
http://hpics.li/d0954e7

How can i install SailfishOS or Android on it?

Thanks.

Might I suggest the Microsoft support page?

I'm flattered

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Unfortunately @Kangal is correct here.
As the device you have is a WP board, you are pretty much stuck with the thing it comes with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Unfortunately @Kangal is correct here.
As the device you have is a WP board, you are pretty much stuck with the thing it comes with.
Well, yeah. At least in a lifetime. Which is prolly half the time needed to reverse engineer all the blobs. That is, if you can even get those :P

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
I need a charger for this tablet.
On the left side there is a USB 3.0 port.
When i charg with Nokia n900 charger it's very slow like 4 hours to have a complete battery.
I have baught USB 3.0 charger from galaxy S5 but it doesn't work.

How can i charg more speed? what device i need?

Thanks

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
A charger that does more than 1.3A? My Tablet wall-charger is rated 2A for example. Does not matter if it is usb3 connector or not...

Most devices will charge at 3.7V @1.3 Amps (= 4.8W), and can pretty safely be stepped upto 3.8V @2.1 Amps (= 8W). However, some just suck, and the best you could hope to get out of them is 5W.

Newer smartphones are more capable and can use the full 5V @2.0 Amps (= 10W) but usually don't sustain it. They usually get a continuous reliable 8W charging though.

The top-end devices have "smart charging" so they can alternate the current to suit the need of the device (temperature, battery health, capacity remaining, etc etc). They use higher power at lower rates to manages this. They're limited to 15Ws, so they can start at 5V @3A... then shift to higher (thus more stable) voltages like 12V @1.25A (= 15W).

The fastest rate is on the Oppo Find 7a, which uses their VOOC technology.
In short, they keep the voltage and brute force more current. It can go 5V @5 Amps (= 25W) so its the fastest method yet. However, there are problems with this approach, like the charger can only be used for those smartphones, and rate itself is finicky. As the USB port gets worn out and the battery's health depletes, the system will cut back on that current rate more, and more often. So much so that it will seem like a fast charger but not really a "smart charger/VOOC". Some members reported this. The prevailing solution has been to put the smartphone into the freezer for 10mins before charging, into tricking it into hitting top gear.

My take?
I think 5.0Amps is outlandishly high. And that 12V is rather good approach, since its the universal voltage used internationally for cars, generators, caravans, boats etc etc. So perhaps we can see a 12V @2.0A smart charger, that would be a better balance. If charging gets unstable, it would be easier to drop the current and keep the voltage (eg 12V @1.0A) if need be.

Or you know, you could just have removable batterys...??

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm actually wondering is Nokia's ARM Tablet bootloader unlockable? Is it similar to desktop Windows (i.e can boot linux) apart from different CPU architecture? If it runs any other OS than windows RT then it will be useful.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
If the tablet was not released, chances are good that the booloader is indeed not fully closed. Remember the first Lumia 800s that were unlockable because the developer bootloader slipped into the first batch of sales devices until the next software update "fixed" that.

However, since the tablet was not released, there's no community around it that focuses on hacking that particular boot loader.

I have tried this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092158

To activate my windows RT but without success why?

I tried on my Nokia Lumia 2520 proto.

Do i need to reinstall new copy of windows RT 8.1 but wher can i download it? it's perhaps possible to install via USB key.