Notices

you need to install python runtime manually if your not installing it from my repo.

You can either run the following (as root) from xterm :
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-runtime

Or you can add my repo and install from there :
Address : http://wardenclyffetower.com/maemo
distribution :chinook
components : user

Installing from a repo is able to pull in dependencies from other repos while installing from direct deb download can't.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
pipeline: I've discovered that my edits to the URIs tab in dbus-switchboard aren't "sticking". I edit things on that page, save and exit, then return to the page only to see that my edits have been reverted...

Yes i think that has been a limitation ever since the gui was added... you can still manually make those changes in a text editor, and dbus-switchboard engine should handle it, but the gui doesn't automatically save changes for uri's.

If i get some time i might look into coding these changes. It's baseball season so i doubt hvacengi will have time

Can anyone help me identify why switchboard seems to be not working / working incorrectly. For example, AVI will still open in the default media player and GPX files open up in RoadMap despite being set for MameoMapper.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Did you enable the video/x-msvideo mime type in the defaults tab?

I wasn't aware of roadmap ... and that it associates the mime type... if you want to override that you can try enabling my mime type text/dbs-gpx on the defaults tab.

thanks for the help. i don't see a text/dbs-gps in the defaults tab though. Don't see a way to add it into the defaults taab either.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

yea its text/dbs-gpx

you running latest 1.2.8 version of dbus-switchboard? You should have many text/dbs- mime types listed, gpx being one of them. if you see none and have 1.2.8 installed, maybe u could reboot ...

You can also tap and hold in file manager and view details on a gpx file to verifiy the active registered mime type for that file... to verify the (official?) mime type used by roadmap isnt overriding mine.

edit: fixed video problem

As for the gpx, i don't see anything close to text/gps. i see text/css, text/html and all but no gpx.

tap and hold says application/oclet-street . another gpx file says applicaation/gpx

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-06-26 at 01:06.

if your running 1.2.8 then the icon for gpx file (in filemanager) should say GPX (custom icon) so i'd guess a reboot is needed... application/octet-stream would have been the detected mime type for gpx in versions < 1.2.8 so im surprised thats not routing to maemo-mapper... the application/octet-stream is also enabled in defaults tab?

I'll try installing roadmap later to see if it theres a mime conflict although it sounds like roadmap doesnt have a functional mime type if its detected as octet-stream.

I have tried a reboot, nothing seems to have changed. oclet stream is green in defaults tab. would uninstalling and reinstalling help?