Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
@ade
I feel obliged to report: I`m using thumb version worldclock with date support version since like forever and no problems found (and oh sooo I tried to find one). Nada.

I still hope for it to reach repos - it`s silly how long we are waiting for it and copypasting binary instead.
Good to hear you found no issues so far with using specific dates for alarms. Same goes for me so far

As I updated the former post, Pali did some minor technical changes and preparations for packaging, and I already build my own. So next update there will be a package, not sure in some repository already.

Right now I am adding the screen that gives you more detailed info on the city timezone (the screen you get when pressing an already added city in the stock workclocks screen). It is done for the most part, so I hope to have an update within a two weeks or so. It will lack the graphic map representation as found in the stock clock.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
@ade
I feel obliged to report: I`m using thumb version worldclock with date support version since like forever and no problems found (and oh sooo I tried to find one). Nada.
I also now feel obliged to report the same for non-thumb with date support

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I would like to report a bug

All GMT offsets not equal to a full hour get ":30" added. This is correct in a lot of cases, but certainly not all. There are also timezones like Chatham, New Zealand that have GMT +13:45, and not +13:30. The time is displayed correctly, the GMT offset is not.

Edit: okay, fixed for the next release

Last edited by ade; 2013-02-12 at 14:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Latest changelog (0.6-1):
  • some internal improvements by Pali
  • fixed some incorrect GMT offsets
  • tapping on a city in your 'selected worldclocks' screen will now open a new window with details and the option to remove the city using the menu (stock clock like)

And ... we have debian installation packages. Hope it all works fine, see the opening post for the downloads.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Does the new worldclock read list of world clocks from the 'original' one? In either case, in which file it might be stored? Just curiosity, because the only world clock remaining is the one of my own time-zone.
Thank you.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
It uses it`s own list, also because I have no idea where the stock clock stores it's non-local cities.
So you just have to re-add them. Not much work, but thanks for pointing it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
It uses it`s own list, also because I have no idea where the stock clock stores it's non-local cities.
So you just have to re-add them. Not much work, but thanks for pointing it out.
I am guessing replacement worldclock uses QSettings whereas the old one didn't.

I would think /home/user/.clock/wdb-user is the settings.
/usr/share/clock/wbd is the database.

Is there any chance of adding an option to remove the "alarm flag" from an alarm. I [don't like/have got used to] not seeing the alarm status symbol for my regular day to day alarms. This means I have to use alarmd for these tasks when I could use worldclock.

Thanks

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
It's likely correct. The 'original' clock-ui wasn't written in Qt...
Maybe. Only letter 'i' in the file, though. Strange format for settings.
/usr/share/clock/wbd is the database.
Sorry to disappoint, but it seems to be database of 396 cities for the world map, with geographic coordinates included. Though I wouldn't recommend using this file, unless it's proven to be open-source-licensed.
Is there any chance of adding an option to remove the "alarm flag" from an alarm. I [don't like/have got used to] not seeing the alarm status symbol for my regular day to day alarms. This means I have to use alarmd for these tasks when I could use worldclock.
Second this suggestion. Thank you.
Best wishes.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast
Yep, it uses a QSettings config file which is described in the wiki.

I did not test it, but that file would make sense. My first impression is that is some binary file with citycodes in hex format. Not some standard (database) format.
As the current solution works fine, I see no reason to look into that further.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide
Sorry to disappoint, but it seems to be database of 396 cities for the world map, with geographic coordinates included. Though I wouldn't recommend using this file, unless it's proven to be open-source-licensed.
It's not related that way. The replacement clock uses an API, described and provided by Nokia. That this API could use this file, has no direct relationship to the open source character of the replacement clock. If it just contains the map data, I will probably not use it anyway.

Adding any new feature will likely break the translations, unless it can be provided by some other default translation file. I don't want to end up with a semi translated worldclock.
A solution for that would be to create and maintain our own translations, as the openmediaplayer project does. I sort of decided I do not want to go that way, just for one or two missing translations.

Last edited by ade; 2013-02-14 at 07:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Though I wouldn't recommend using this file, unless it's proven to be open-source-licensed.
Code:
dpkg -S /usr/share/clock/wdb
>libcityinfo0-0. Seems to be closed.

As Ade said using this file is legal. But redistribution and modifying/tuning not (e.g. wdb.new in http://www.webwizardry.net/~timeless/n900/clock/ ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock