Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Hi,

before i start installing Maemo once its out, i would like to remove everything from my N900. Is there some way, how to do something like "format c:" ? i dont want any leftovers on my device :S

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Umm... I don't get what you say... Maemo is already out dude... Not sure what time you are living in! lol
jk
But please tell me what you mean buy "installing Maemo once it's out"

Wasn't Maemo on your device when you bought it?

ups i meant meego of course

Aha, OK!

I think you can remove all the applications... But do you really need to do so? The device will be formatted in the right way once you install the next firmware...

Wait... Do you mean you want to install MeeGo itself, or you want to install PR 1.3 once it's out, which will let you dual boot Maemo and MeeGo?

well i installed the PR1.3 leaked and i did hope that it will remove everything, but still, i have most of the settings and a lot of other files and stuff from my older 1.2. i will a complete new system and i have too many stuff flying around on that device. dont like the mess

Last edited by tebsu; 2010-10-22 at 20:53.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
well i installed the PR1.3 leaked and i did hope that it will remove everything, but still, i have most of the settings and a lot of other files and stuff from my older 1.2. i will a complete new system and i have too many stuff flying around on that device. dont like the mess
Why don't you search for N900 eMMC flashing?
Fiasco is OS
Vanilla is eMMC

Flash both will result in blank device. How is that hard to look for? there are countless thread about this on the forum.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Fiasco is OS
Vanilla is eMMC

Flash both will result in blank device. How is that hard to look for? there are countless thread about this on the forum.
well maybe because i just didnt know o_O ? but thanks

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Fiasco is OS
Vanilla is eMMC

LOL Please explain to me how on earth will anyone think like you are suggesting?

I need to wipe my phone, how do I do that? Wait, I only need to search for eMMC, Fiasco and Vanilla, piece of cake

I think that's how the leaked version is... I remember when I upgraded my firmware to PR 1.2, everything was removed... (On the device, I mean, you can create backups on micro SD)

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
LOL Please explain to me how on earth will anyone think like you are suggesting?

I need to wipe my phone, how do I do that? Wait, I only need to search for eMMC, Fiasco and Vanilla, piece of cake
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware#N900_2 and http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...MC_in_the_N900

Last edited by jajajim; 2010-10-23 at 14:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to jajajim For This Useful Post: