Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
No clue.

But if I got hired on there... nah, I'd have to go back to "hee hee hee".

N900, how about it being something like the pandora.
not saying design wise but more of its functionality.
much better cam, least 3 mega pixel
easy to connect usb devices without adapter.
one of those ssd 8-16 gb

easy to install your favorite linux
ethernet port.
good use of a 3d chip
600-800 mhz would be pretty sweet.

oled screen maybe? I heard those are good.

around 4.8 inch screen
and of course better resolution.

ZyonDurex,
Zyon city, Planet Durex

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
What would I see in the next NIT ?

- Better keyboard ( I have a Nokia E90 and it's a looooot better than the terrible N810 version)
- Hardware graphics acceleration
- Dual micro SD Slot
- Native Open Office port

- Maybe a bigger screen
- Maybe OLED but i prefer reflective for outdoor use

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Right now, the MAIN thing I want to see with respect to the N900 is...

a release announcement *.

(* release date and final hardware specs)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
1. A REASONABLE f*cking internal MEMORY SIZE..my HUGEST HUGEST disappointment in the n810 is the TINY internal storage size, because right now i have ZERO space left, BUT 500 MB in the internal storage CARD..and im no freaking expert so that space i cannot install programs to.. this is ******ED.. I dont WANT to install an OS to a REMOVEABLE card Either because of that very reason: I want it to be REMOVEABLE while the machine is still on..geez..

2. USB (2 ports if at all possible) for easier hassle free access to more storage, and other things.. (usb keyboard, mouse, other ****)

3. Graphics (so we can emulate a n64 if possible)

4. slightly larger screen size..(extendable if at all possible for those times you're at home etc.. although im guessing the technology is still some way off?) ---BUT keep it hand held - the device could be almost the same dimensions still - look at your n810 now & just extend the screen up and left and right instead of these wasted casing areas (maybe a more touchable, ridged sides of the device, for holding purposes)

5. a MOUSE-DEVICE ie.. a "thumb mouse" or whatever u call that little button thing, AND the nav square moved to the RIGHT (most of us are ****ing right handed, come on Nokia)

6. faster processor.. 800 mhz if at all possible

7. improved INSTALLER (the "application manager") for regular users especially.. easier to use, locate, install, and uninstall, AND ESPECIALLY (if nokia continues this tiny internal memory with an extra internal card thing) option to CHOOSE WHERE TO INSTALL the application like you can in Mac OS X AND WINDOWS..for god's sake man..

8. better colors AND optional color schemes for the casing style.. lets beautify, nokia.. why not show the vaio a thing or two about style!

9. Marketed (seeing as its TRUE) as a UMPC.. the affordable option (compared to these ******ed $800 + devices)

Last edited by chakotay_da_silver; 2009-05-11 at 13:20.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chakotay_da_silver View Post
2. USB (2 ports if at all possible) for easier hassle free access to more storage, and other things.. (usb keyboard, mouse, other ****)
You can do that now, you just need an adapter.

little button thing, AND the nav square moved to the RIGHT (most of us are ****ing right handed, come on Nokia)
Err, it's on the left side exactly for that reason. Even the N64 (and pretty much all nintendos) you mention previously has it's dpad on the left side.

Also, any stuff on the right side cannot be used with the stylus, as right handed people will have the stylus in their right hand.

9. Marketed (seeing as its TRUE) as a UMPC.. the affordable option (compared to these ******ed $800 + devices)
It's not an UMPC, marketing it as such would be misleading as people would think they can install windows on it.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
yeah, rather than marketing it as an UMPC, they could try marketing it as an "ARM based MID" (there are a few others). But I don't actually see that happening.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
You can do that now, you just need an adapter.
EXACTLY. You need an adapter, you need to do OTHER stuff that average user is not going to do. You're still in "im a linux supergeek" mode..

USER EXPERIENCE mate..

Don't know what your talking about for the d-pad..it's not a d-pad at all.. right now its a mouse replacement or direction KEYS thing replacement..which is on the RIGHT of every regular keyboard. I'd be happy for it to stay if they put a mouse dot thing on the right (balance it out and make it MORE like a d-pad i suppose)

It's not an UMPC, marketing it as such would be misleading as people would think they can install windows on it.
No.. UMPC does NOT = "can install windows on it" mate, (wrong answer buzzer button on a game show)

UMPC stands for Ultra Mobile Personal Computer

and yes it is EXACTLY that.. a very bad computer (aka a computer from like the early 90s) but still a BLIMMIN COMPUTER mate

that's exactly what i got it for..its a very small computer in my freaking hand.

As opposed to an iPod touch which is a computer so BADLY DISABLED-by-design that THAT can only be considered a mobile entertainment device instead of an actual computer.

Oh and by the way, from APPLE INSIDER recently:

"Web market share for the iPod touch has tripled in just five months, outpacing even the iPhone among mobile devices"

See? the future is in the handheld COMPUTER that accesses the ever growing internet.. telephones are antiquated.

it IS a umpc dawg. it IS.. just from the early 90s or whatever.. it's almost as good as my very first DESKTOP PC which was literally (rough cubic inches calculation) around 750 TIMES LARGER THAN THIS THING... and only a TINY...TINY bit more powerful, mate

(it was one of those tower-on-its-side gateway pc's.. 450Mhz hahah BUT it did have graphics u see, 5GB HD, lolz!)

Last edited by chakotay_da_silver; 2009-05-12 at 08:40.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
EXACTLY. You need an adapter, you need to do OTHER stuff that average user is not going to do. You're still in "im a linux supergeek" mode..
If attaching to a standard microUSB port is supergeek, I don't dare imagine where Maemo in general is on that geek scale

Don't know what your talking about for the d-pad..it's not a d-pad at all.. right now its a mouse replacement or direction KEYS thing replacement..which is on the RIGHT of every regular keyboard. I'd be happy for it to stay if they put a mouse dot thing on the right (balance it out and make it MORE like a d-pad i suppose)
The NIT equivalent for mouse dot thing is the stylus

No.. UMPC does NOT = "can install windows on it" mate, (wrong answer buzzer button on a game show)

UMPC stands for Ultra Mobile Personal Computer

and yes it is EXACTLY that.. a very bad computer (aka a computer from like the early 90s) but still a BLIMMIN COMPUTER mate
Yes, well, the trouble is that it's YOUR interpretation. Unfortunately, UMPC means something else for 99% of people who have heard about the term.

Oh and by the way, from APPLE INSIDER recently:

"Web market share for the iPod touch has tripled in just five months, outpacing even the iPhone among mobile devices"

See? the future is in the handheld COMPUTER that accesses the ever growing internet.. telephones are antiquated.
1) WEB market share. WEB does not equal COMPUTER.
2) Market share is a percentage, it changes all the time.
3) Bringing Apple Insider as proof/reference for Apple successes and market predictions... Well, that's kinda lame.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
1. A REASONABLE f*cking internal MEMORY SIZE..my HUGEST HUGEST disappointment in the n810 is the TINY internal storage size, because right now i have ZERO space left, BUT 500 MB in the internal storage CARD..and im no freaking expert so that space i cannot install programs to.. this is ******ED.. I dont WANT to install an OS to a REMOVEABLE card Either because of that very reason: I want it to be REMOVEABLE while the machine is still on..geez..
From what i have understood, the internal storage was the biggest available as a CoC module at the time. sure, they could have done something similar as to what they did with the N810, but that would have made the overall board larger to make room for the extra chip(s).

i guess a secondary option would have been to basically put the whole os on a internal (preferably replaceable) SD card (yes, one can do so by choice, but then comes a reflash/SSU and one is back to the start again), but then nokia never was in the biz of making their product that user upgradeable...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:

Tags
dpads are fun, ideas, n900, n900 wishlist, revenge of the styli, stuff for nokia to read, the wrath of sty, wishlist