Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by qole View Post
(That's really going to make the sponsorship guys think long and hard... )
In fact we didn't have to think much to approve the sponsorship request from a guy like you.

http://maemo.org/news/events/maemo_summit-001/

What I'm actually surprised is about the lack of sponsorship requests coming from the rest of core contributors. Specially those flying from outside Europe should register asap so we can book flights earlier.

LATER MEANS MORE EXPENSIVE MEANS LESS BUDGET FOR INVITING MORE CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you for your understanding. Please hurry up!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
WOW, not really sure how I missed this thread??

I want to come, I would need to go get a passport within the next two days, before I leave on vacation. because its gonna take two months to get it. It would be really cool to come meet so many names

I just dont think its in my cards this year. Hey Quim, Hawaii would be a nice middle ground for next years summit

Safe flights everyone, I look forward to the movie
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I want to come, I would need to go get a passport within the next two days, before I leave on vacation. because its gonna take two months to get it.
GO NOW!

I just dont think its in my cards this year.
BUMMER! I was really really really hoping you'd be going.

EDIT: I'll buy you beer!

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-14 at 22:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Penguinbait - be there! I want to bend your ear at least and I' sure there are many others

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
In Spain you can get a passport in 2 days, literally. I have no clue how this works in the US though. I guess US citizens don't need to get any visa in advance and they can get it just at the airport, like EU citizens do (when the White House is not paranoid about something out there).

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
In Spain you can get a passport in 2 days, literally. I have no clue how this works in the US though. I guess US citizens don't need to get any visa in advance and they can get it just at the airport, like EU citizens do (when the White House is not paranoid about something out there).

Its crazy, now I am supposed to have a passport to travel to Canada, you used to only need a drivers licence. It looks like they are only running about 4 weeks out at the moment.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...sing_1740.html

I'm still just not sure I could make it. Its very very cool you are doing this though. I am really going to try to plan for next year. Quim will this be an annual event, can we expect Maemo Summit 2009? Is it possible to get 6 months advanced notice of dates/location for next year?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
penguinbait!

pleasepleaseplease try!

And as for the passport to Canada business, that's not our fault. You guys are the ones who started requiring the passport!

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-15 at 22:29.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
penguinbait!

pleasepleaseplease try!

And as for the passport to Canada business, that's not our fault. You guys are the ones who started requiring the passport!
Oh I am not blaming Canada, if Canada were only south of the US, I would have defected long ago

I am in Michigan though, so I need someplace warmer, NOT colder

Quim will this be an annual event, can we expect Maemo Summit 2009? Is it possible to get 6 months advanced notice of dates/location for next year?
Ask this question right after a successful Maemo Summit 2008.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I am in Michigan though, so I need someplace warmer, NOT colder
Come live in Vancouver. We're warmer than Michigan. At least in the winter. In the summer, we're cooler.

Well, we think we're cooler than most all year round. Dare you to find a corner without a Starbucks.

Tags
maemo.org