Active Topics

Notices

Hey I am sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find anything on it.

Is there a way run Hermes from the xterm to update contacts display pictures?

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jasonisdavid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by jasonisdavid View Post
Is there a way run Hermes from the xterm to update contacts display pictures?
No, but I'd like that too! It'd be great if you could file a feature request on http://bugs.maemo.org/

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Hermes HEAD in git has fixed OAuth support for Twitter. I need to do a bit more testing before pushing it to -Devel and then similarly before sending it to -Testing: the LinkedIn code has been refactored to share an OAuth backend and infrastructure with Twitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
BTW, re: birthdays - I can't reproduce this so may put out a version with additional logging. Volunteers welcome.

Hermes is not working for me. I can't even get it run, in crashes on startup... Any suggestions? I'm using titans kernel, could that be the problem?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
I'm not using titans kernel and have the same issue... Hermes crashed from start.

I got it to work. The problem was in the more recent 0.8.6 version. Older "stable" 0.8.5 version works fine. Try installing that version.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Beirut, Lebanon
hey guys,

i flashed my device two days ago and starting fresh i downloaded HERMES, but since then whenever i start the application, it shows as if it loading then it closes by itself .. anymsuggestions ?!

[solved]

i disabled extras-devel repo, uninstalled version 0.8.6 and installed version 0.8.5 and everything works fine

regards

Last edited by rjneid; 2010-10-24 at 16:54.

Originally Posted by rjneid View Post
i flashed my device two days ago and starting fresh i downloaded HERMES, but since then whenever i start the application, it shows as if it loading then it closes by itself .. anymsuggestions ?!
For anyone having an issue like this (or the birthday issue with Facebook), please do the following:

1. Open X Terminal
2. Run:
Code:
/opt/hermes/bin/hermes 1>MyDocs/hermes.log.txt 2>&1
3. Attach to a bug, or email me. the [font=monospace]hermes.log.txt[/b] file which will be at the root of your N900's drive when you attach it as USB Mass Storage.

i disabled extras-devel repo, uninstalled version 0.8.6 and installed version 0.8.5 and everything works fine
If everyone who's having starting problems is using the version from Extras-devel, I can only say "we told you so" - this repository contains little tested software which is barely at the alpha test stage. Stuff will not work reliably. If you don't know your way around the system to have generated the log above, and can explain what actually went wrong, "it crashes on startup" is of little value. Having a stack trace would be useful, and then you should be including that, with the fact that you're using the Extras-devel version, in any posts or emails about it.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I have been having a strange problem consistently for a very long time now. It might be because I have a lot of Facebook friends and contacts in my phone book but every time I click on any of those two buttons, the result is unpredictable. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it just halts, looks like its going to die but ends up working. Sometimes, it gets stuck and stays there my battery dies.

As a result, I always have reservations about doing a "Refresh" in particular. Note that I am using the version from Extras, not from testing or devel.

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website