Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by asterismo View Post
I always had 3 partitions and i always thaught there were 3 partitions, one for each OS (Meego and sailfish) and the Meego's Nokia N9 partition.
When you have just Harmattan (like original, freshly flahed system), your partition layout is like this:
mmcblk0p1 - MyDocs (fat)
mmcblk0p2 - root (ext4)
mmcblk0p3 - home (ext4)

When you install Sailfish, you need to have partition layout like this:
mmcblk0p1 - MyDocs (fat)
mmcblk0p4 - ALT_OS (ext4)
mmcblk0p2 - root (ext4)
mmcblk0p3 - home (ext4)

(note that physically your mmcblk0p4 is "in the wrong place" as it is carved out from your mmcblk0p1 but logically it does not matter...)

Now, the whole business in the guide about the MOSLO boot and partitioning is to create the ALT_OS partition, mmcblk0p4.
If you do not have that, you have not followed through the guide correctly, and most possibly have now messed up your device completely.

I followed this how to and i think maybe the 4rth partition was not created.
Yes, then you need to start fresh, first by flashing your device to clean Harmattan.

Now i reflashed the Harmattan stock flash and lost the bootloader and cannot boot sailfish anymore. I was ale to use flasher to launch the moslo kernel and initrd but when it tries to load the 3 partitions and poup up as mass storage, it fails and prompt to the telnet green screen.
So what exactly happened, do you get any partitions to show on your linux computer?
What exactly does the green text say?

One very common cause of MOSLO partitioning failure is that you do not have enough free space on your mmcblk0p1.
For best results, backup all your data you have on MyDocs, and then empty it before partitioning.

I would like to have a sailfish with a working mp3 player and wifi tethering or if this is not working yet, go back to meego, if it's possible, repartitiones for saving space. I used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ugb4vosobg
Tell me, is this a correct guide?
I don't know about that, I think video guides are not good way to do things.
The correct guide should be this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
When you have just Harmattan (like original, freshly flahed system), your partition layout is like this:
mmcblk0p1 - MyDocs (fat)
mmcblk0p2 - root (ext4)
mmcblk0p3 - home (ext4)

When you install Sailfish, you need to have partition layout like this:
mmcblk0p1 - MyDocs (fat)
mmcblk0p4 - ALT_OS (ext4)
mmcblk0p2 - root (ext4)
mmcblk0p3 - home (ext4)

(note that physically your mmcblk0p4 is "in the wrong place" as it is carved out from your mmcblk0p1 but logically it does not matter...)

Now, the whole business in the guide about the MOSLO boot and partitioning is to create the ALT_OS partition, mmcblk0p4.
If you do not have that, you have not followed through the guide correctly, and most possibly have now messed up your device completely.

Yes, then you need to start fresh, first by flashing your device to clean Harmattan.

So what exactly happened, do you get any partitions to show on your linux computer?
What exactly does the green text say?

One very common cause of MOSLO partitioning failure is that you do not have enough free space on your mmcblk0p1.
For best results, backup all your data you have on MyDocs, and then empty it before partitioning.

I don't know about that, I think video guides are not good way to do things.
The correct guide should be this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot
Yeah, guess i'm a lucky guy, my phone doesn't got bricked. I managed to boot the ubiboot image and reformatted the N9 in 3 partitions and went back to stock MeeGo, the thing is that it does reformat the drive so any changes/resizes i do in partitions they got deleted too.

I would like to have like
12gb Nokia N9
2gb /
1gb /home

since i do not have many apps installed, mostly a chroot debian with a big img file and a bunch of mp3 files, so the larger the partition, the better for me.

My nokia N9 defaulted partitions are now

8.4gb or so Nokia N9
4gb /
2gb /home

right? Anyway to change this? I think i could boot up ubiboot again in telnet mode and resize with gparted, but i did that and then Meego has all the info on free storage wrong, it says "total space, 19.5gb" or so, that is not true, so i went back to original.

I need the wifi tethering to be working on sailfish to be able to migrate. Is that working? because i could not install any app from the Jolla store. I use tethering to connect to my laptop so is a life or dead must app. And another question, is there anyway to install Sailfish as the ONLY OS in the phone? like flashing the stock meego binary? would like toi have that if wifi tethering is working.

So i'm finally back to stock meego

Thanks,

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yeah, guess i'm a lucky guy, my phone doesn't got bricked. I managed to boot the ubiboot image and reformatted the N9 in 3 partitions and went back to stock MeeGo, the thing is that it does reformat the drive so any changes/resizes i do in partitions they got deleted too.

I would like to have like
12gb Nokia N9
2gb /
1gb /home

since i do not have many apps installed, mostly a chroot debian with a big img file and a bunch of mp3 files, so the larger the partition, the better for me.

My nokia N9 defaulted partitions are now

8.4gb or so Nokia N9
4gb /
2gb /home

right? Anyway to change this? I think i could boot up ubiboot again in telnet mode and resize with gparted, but i did that and then Meego has all the info on free storage wrong, it says "total space, 19.5gb" or so, that is not true, so i went back to original.
Yes, that is the way to do it.
First, flash to stock Harmattan open mode, then boot to ubiboot console, back up all partitions to external Linux computer (as tar files), then repartition as you like, reformat and restore from the tar files.
That is how I have done it, and I have 6 partitions on my N9.

I need the wifi tethering to be working on sailfish to be able to migrate. Is that working? because i could not install any app from the Jolla store. I use tethering to connect to my laptop so is a life or dead must app.
A very good question, I really do not know if the Jolla-version of terhering app works with N9, as the HW is different. If the application does not do anything too deep (as it should not need to do, really) then it should work OK.
However, 3G/WIFI tethering is easy to do also without any appication, you just need to fire up wpasupplicant and set a few rules in iptables.

And another question, is there anyway to install Sailfish as the ONLY OS in the phone? like flashing the stock meego binary? would like toi have that if wifi tethering is working.
Sure it is possible, there are at least 2 ways to do it;
  • 1. You can just repartition the device like you want, and use ubiboot to launch Sailfish.
  • 2. You can compile your kernel with static boot parameters (at least root partition and framebuffer is needed) and flash it as default boot kernel.

Now this is what happens. I can sucsessfully flash stock MeeGo and everything os perfectly ok, now, after that when i tru to flash the openmode kernel it fails with the error i paste down. It says the device is locked. I read that can be causeb by a bad bin image, but it is perfectly fine and i did it many times with the same files, even when i installed Sailfish OS:

any ideas?

observador@chamaeleon:~/Downloads/MeeGo/Firmware$ sudo flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -f -R[sudo] password for observador:
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 5 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 001, device address 011.
Device identifier: 351669050638599 (SN: N/A)
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_001
Sending ape-algo image (7096 kB)...
100% (7096 of 7096 kB, avg. 27938 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 001, device address 012.
Raw data transfer EP found at EP2.
Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1603
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_001
Image moslo not present
Image mmc not present
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 83 %, continuing.

image [state progress transfer flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw [finished 100 % 1 / 1 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-2nd [finished 100 % 95 / 95 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-algo [finished 100 % 789 / 789 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-mcusw [finished 100 % 6050 / 6050 kB 2851 kB/s]
[x] xloader [finished 100 % 23 / 23 kB NA ]
[x] secondary [finished 100 % 94 / 94 kB NA ]
[x] kernel [finished 100 % 2714 / 2714 kB 1927 kB/s]
[x] rootfs [finished 100 % 1170282 / 1170282 kB 11318 kB/s]
Updating SW release
Success
observador@chamaeleon:~/Downloads/MeeGo/Firmware$ sudo flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 5 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Picked ape-algo from a FIASCO file
Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 001, device address 016.
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_001
Sending ape-algo image (7096 kB)...
100% (7096 of 7096 kB, avg. 26090 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 001, device address 017.
Raw data transfer EP found at EP2.
Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1603
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Image SW version <none>
Image cert-sw not present
Image cmt-2nd skipped
Image cmt-algo skipped
Image cmt-mcusw skipped
Image xloader skipped
Image secondary skipped
Image moslo skipped
Image rootfs skipped
Image mmc skipped
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 83 %, continuing.

image [state progress transfer flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] kernel [pending 0 % 0 / 0 kB NA ]
ERROR: SU_BEGIN_IMAGE_UPDATE_REQ terminated with error code 10: Security failure
Fetching error list:
========================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
Devicelock ON: cannot flash unsigned image
========================================

ERROR: Failed to flash images
observador@chamaeleon:~/Downloads/MeeGo/Firmware$

The Following User Says Thank You to asterismo For This Useful Post:
Did you set the device lock on (security code to lock the device)?
You cannot enter Open Mode with securiy code set, you need to remove it first.
There exists a modification of device locking that you can use in Open Mode, but you need to install that afterwards...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: