Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
I do wonder if you could put maemo/meego on a Samsung Galaxy note as I really like the hardware from what I've seen
Well, you can't. But the screen size is very very nice.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Well, you can't. But the screen size is very very nice.
I'd say it prolly requires considerable effort to do so but I would think the following:

I can root the device and use different kernel,.. I'm sure it is *technically possible* - but most likely not feasable - to get maemo/meego running

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
my phone is 3d....... evo.. 3d..
strangely enough, since my n900 is not just a printout, my phone is also 3d, so i'm not that fascinated with your phone as you obviously think everyone should be...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i got myself a nexus s a few days ago. its not expensive anymore and android 4.0 is available for it.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by msa View Post
i got myself a nexus s a few days ago. its not expensive anymore and android 4.0 is available for it.
My brother has one but as I mentioned above I want a pen

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I keep an extra battery on my wallet all the time. It has saved me a few times. Definitely a good thing to have. And it is fun to change your battery when iPhone users are watching.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

I would feel wrong giving Nokia any further business, after the way they've treated the n900.

And i couldn't stand owning anything with windows on it.

I think my choice of next phone is going to be largely based on quality of camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to col37400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
I think my choice of next phone is going to be largely based on quality of camera.
ingenious way to select a phone

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
"Problem" is that I like to use the pen with my N900. the N9 doesn't have a pen anymore and - correct me if I'm wrong- is finger optimized and won'T work well with pens -- or does it?
l
You need one of these!

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
That's like picking a car based on the stereo in it...

To the OP: If you like the N900, and it's just the battery giving you an issue, buy another battery. I went through 3 batteries with my N6230 in the 5 years I used it. New batteries can be had on-line for quite cheep, there's a thread on here about ones that have better capacity than the stock one even.

If you're looking to hop phones, I doubt you'll find one like the N900. It's pretty unique in what it is and what it can do. When you do go... are you going to sell your old N900? I'm sure some folks here would love to buy a spare.