Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Inverted Castle
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I assume you need to install "qtquickcompat".

If so, I should add it to the dependencies.
just installed it then tried running it.

it's looking for assets?

goodnews: it's not a blackscreen anymore.

badnews: it's not playable.

I tried tapping play or anything, nothing happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to chorvaqueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
@ade thanks for the doodlejump deb file. a request. can you make doodlejump to automatically rotate screen in portrait mode like flappybird does despite of locking screen in landscape mode (orientation lock applet).

for doodle jump to rotate in portrait mode i have to disable orientation lock and also close the keyboard but thats no the case with flappy bird.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
@ade thanks for the doodlejump deb file. a request. can you make doodlejump to automatically rotate screen in portrait mode like flappybird does despite of locking screen in landscape mode (orientation lock applet).

for doodle jump to rotate in portrait mode i have to disable orientation lock and also close the keyboard but thats no the case with flappy bird.
Doodle jump switches to portrait in all my testcases (landscape/auto/portrait lock with the applet), so I can't acknowledge this. It will switch to landscape when the keyboard is open (flappybird does not), but that's not how you play the game in normal circumstances.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post

That will defeat the purpose of the game. I'm assuming you have never played this game before in an iPhone/Android phone?

The game has to be played in portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
)ust updated flappybird, went from nearly unplayable to a full fun playable game with sound; great work!

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Since we actually have hardware buttons on N900 vs iCrap/Undroid could we perhaps flap using the shutter or volume buttons?
Not sure how hard that would be but it would get fingers and stylus off of the screen while playing.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Just installed these games from the fam , both fb and f2048 are awesome games. But i had a hard time playing doodle jump becoz frankly i dont know how to play it. By the way thanx to the developers for this dank stuff.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
If someone is interested in this (not me) and wants to try himself, here are two more simple N9 boardgames that could be made usable for Fremantle in the same way:
- PegSolitaire (http://122.226.111.101/thread-16892822-1-464-1.html)
- daDouDou (http://122.226.111.101/thread-16892795-1-464-1.html)

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Since we actually have hardware buttons on N900 vs iCrap/Undroid could we perhaps flap using the shutter or volume buttons?
Not sure how hard that would be but it would get fingers and stylus off of the screen while playing.
I've added code to grab the volume keys for flappybird. Now any key can (hopefully) be used be used to flap. Not tested, as I'm getting the com.nokia.meego error even though I have qt-components-10 and qtquickcompat installed.

Debian package: http://ubuntuone.com/222dP4K4J5PKVr5reEeEYU
Source: http://ubuntuone.com/2KYFaonga0DAGLJZAa4zFy

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
where can I get these for the N9?

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Tags
new n900 games