Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I just tested the logitech keyset. The keys that exist work fine, but I am missing the function that switches between inputs. Is it present on the config file?
I found three different input keys in the config file (direct, optical, and coax), and I have all three of them mapped to internal Pierogi values, but I've only got the "direct" input mapped to a button right now (the "PC" input button in the secondary buttons "Input" tab), which I admit is pretty useless. I really do need to rework the input control scheme in Pierogi.

BTW, do you have a "toggle" input button on your remote? I've got controls that will choose a single input, but no single command that will let you switch between all the inputs...

Another device for your list is the epson TW-700 projector.
I see that there are a couple of config files available, I'll put it on my list.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Sorry, the toggle button is only on the device itself. There are three distinct buttons on the remote as you say.
On pierogi, I can see only
power -> power
mute -> mute
Volume up -> volume up
volume down -> volume down
red -> effect
blue -> settings

There is none of the 3 input buttons, could you map them please on 1,2,3 of the keypad tab (or anywhere you please, I just thought the 123 buttons are the most appropriate)

EDIT: Now I saw it, I hadn't seen that screen up to now...
EDIT2: The secondary buttons are too far away, and that's a function I use a lot, as almost all the primary buttons are empty, please put them somewhere more accessible...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-02-20 at 01:19.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The secondary buttons are too far away, and that's a function I use a lot, as almost all the primary buttons are empty, please put them somewhere more accessible...
Yes, the whole "secondary buttons" window was a quick hack I threw together when I realized I had too many tabs on the main window...

I will go ahead and map them to 1, 2, and 3 right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Phillips TV worked flawlessly. Now Keypad tab should be next to Main tab. Just an opinion. All four channel +/- and volume +/- should all be aligned vertically on the right for a simple thumb control since we have to keep the n900 in landscape form to work the IR.

Ok so .. i was wrong earlier.

Sony Keyset 1 worked with my older sony tv RM-870 and Sony Keyset 1a (does work) worked with the newer sony tv RM-GA002. Now trouble is RM-GA002 that i thought did not work earlier only works at a distance of say within a foot, foot and a half and thats it. So its really not usable.

Last edited by niqbal; 2012-02-20 at 08:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Now Keypad tab should be next to Main tab. Just an opinion. All four channel +/- and volume +/- should all be aligned vertically on the right for a simple thumb control since we have to keep the n900 in landscape form to work the IR.
Yeah, I've kinda placed the tabs in the order I personally use them most.

And I admit, the two-handed design of the main screen is on purpose. For two reasons: one, I wanted to make the buttons just as big as I possibly could (to make it easier to look at the target device while using Pierogi, rather than looking down at the phone), and two, I want you to use two hands when using this app. Holding the phone in one hand while trying to manipulate it with your thumb, particularly while in landscape mode, is just going to force you to drop it. I fumble normal remotes all the time, fumbling a several-hundred-dollar phone is far worse...

But yes, the idea of customized interfaces has been brought up, and I expect there will be other options in the future.

Sony Keyset 1 worked with my older sony tv RM-870 and Sony Keyset 1a (does work) worked with the newer sony tv RM-GA002. Now trouble is RM-GA002 that i thought did not work earlier only works at a distance of say within a foot, foot and a half and thats it. So its really not usable.
Interesting! Are there any range problems with the older Sony? Moreover, does the Philips work at a longer range than both Sonys? (I may still have something subtly wrong in the Sony protocol, if the range is getting cut short for everybody...)

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-20 at 11:20.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yeah, I've kinda placed the tabs in the order I personally use them most.

And I admit, the two-handed design of the main screen is on purpose. For two reasons: one, I wanted to make the buttons just as big as I possibly could (to make it easier to look at the target device while using Pierogi, rather than looking down at the phone), and two, I <i>want</i> you to use two hands when using this app. Holding the phone in one hand while trying to manipulate it with your thumb, particularly while in landscape mode, is just going to force you to drop it. I fumble normal remotes all the time, fumbling a several-hundred-dollar phone is far worse...

But yes, the idea of customized interfaces has been brought up, and I expect there will be other options in the future.

Interesting! Are there any range problems with the older Sony? Moreover, does the Philips work at a longer range than the older Sony? (I may still have something subtly wrong in the Sony protocol, if the range is getting cut short for everybody...)
I cant argue because it is a valid UI design. One thing ive noticed myself doing alot is using just my thumb and trying to reach all the way to channel buttons on the left side and obstructing my IR port with part of my hand. I guess remotes are naturally for one handed use and in portrait. This is in landscape and hence for two handed use. If you want, maybe sometime down the road, we can also put the UI in portrait form.

My older sony (mid 90s) works fine with a decent range. The newer sony (2007) has the range issue, remote used is RM-GA002. Not just the range issue, because even standing at a foot distance i had to keep pressing the same button couple of times to get it registered. So there is some sort of bug. I was using Sony keyset 1b on it.

Hope it helps

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
My older sony (mid 90s) works fine with a decent range. The newer sony (2007) has the range issue, remote used is RM-GA002. Not just the range issue, because even standing at a foot distance i had to keep pressing the same button couple of times to get it registered. So there is some sort of bug. I was using Sony keyset 1b on it.
Thank you! I will do some more investigating, there may be a newer flavor of Sony IR control that I'm not supporting correctly...

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Amazing app bro! I love it. My Qtirreo does not work since 2months and this app is amazing!

Only thing I missing is a remote keyset for Humax (Vaci-5300) receiver.
It would be great to have it at Pierogi!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Found a bug in the filtering algorithm on the 'Select Keyset' screen:

Select 'Make' -> Panasonic
Look at all the 'TV' keysets
Select 'Device' -> TV
Only 'Panasonic TV Keyset 1b' shown

I haven't checked that all other 'Devices' filter out correctly on all 'Makes' but there might be other bugs like that. I think it might even be possible that some keysets are missing if you filter only by 'Make'.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Only thing I missing is a remote keyset for Humax (Vaci-5300) receiver.
I see a config file for it, so I'll put it on the list!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control