Notices

I agree that the zzz is somewhat confusing, but I'm having a hard time coming up with an icon that expresses the idea that you are tired of a song. (Pandora hides this feature one menu deep in its UI.)

It seems like the kind of feature that doesn't belong buried in a menu on a tough screen interface, for use say when you are driving.

Really what the feature is, is a temp-ban. But I can't really think of an icon for that either.... hmmm...

ideas?

I've never really used the Pandora's main website. I was introduced with my G1 using the "official" G1 app.

It annoys you about skipping songs every time you reach 6 per hour, doesn't show song length, lets you Skip, Up, Down, and show/create/delete stations, and Buy. That's it..

So this tired idea is new to me... I get what you're saying it does though. I'll have to think on a button idea.. Remember I'm the one that used ASCII text .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Hi,

I downloaded from repo and every time i run pypianobar i get "Painobar experienced an error. We are closing."

Can you please help me get it running?

run:

Code:
pianobar
in a terminal and let me know the output.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
run:

Code:
pianobar
in a terminal and let me know the output.
Sorry, im ******ed I was entering my username and forgot that it was my email not just my handle... ie. was missing @gmail.com

It seems to work now.

In a future release I will include the pianobar error message with that quit message. Will definitely help in troubleshooting .

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I also plan to make it so that if pianobar fails out unexpectedly, it will reopen it instead of having to kill the entire application.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I uploaded a new pianobar package.. but it's the same pianobar binary. I noticed in my postinst script when I copied over the config file I didn't chown the file to user:users... so it wouldn't do ya much good .

Course.. took me 3 update packages to get the stupid thing right >.>. Sometimes I need to slow down and think.

I also have a new pyPianobar mostly ready.. just waiting on some testers to get back to me with reports from real N900 devices before I put them into the devel repo's.

Just want to add my support for this. Love Pandora, listened to it all the time on my G1. Can't open it on the N900. When I contacted Pandora a few weeks ago to see if they were considering an app. for N900, their response was, don't hold your breath that it was very unlikely Pandora would devote any attention to this.

Hi Fatal,

I had pypianobar installed and then i un-installed it and tried installing it again and i am getting missing dependencies

Application package missing: python2.5-qt4-opengl

How can i fix this?

BTW, also, any plans to make it store username and password, its kind of inconvenient to have to enter those every time you want to use the app....