Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Followup to prevoius post. Dialcentral reads the sms but only shows it once. It's still marked as new on google voice after Dialcentral reads it.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Followup to prevoius post. Dialcentral reads the sms but only shows it once. It's still marked as new on google voice after Dialcentral reads it.
I'm experiencing the same issue. When I open an existing conversation theonering seems to download it all again (and provide notifications for the original message in the thread as well). I'm on Maemo5 PR1.1 for reference. This is quite a minor bug though, it doesn't break the sms functionality at all. I must say epage, for as big of an undertaking as this is the beta works quite well.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Tried calling (n900,1.1,0.7.0-1)

"Call disconnected"

screen name +1 (747) xxx-xxxx forward blank or 1747xxxxxxx

Code:
(23:38:35) INFO:connection:get_handle_by_name Contact: 330yyyyyyy
(23:38:35) DEBUG:handle:Created Handle: <ContactHandle id=20 name='+1330yyyyyyy'> (From Cache)
(23:38:35) DEBUG:channel_manager:New media channel
(23:38:35) WARNING:channel.call:InitiatorID or InitiatorHandle not set on new channel, assuming locally initiated
(23:38:44) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/mobile/phones
(23:38:44) INFO:gvoice.backend:{'subscriberNumber': 'undefined', 'remember': '1', 'phoneType': '2', 'forwardingNumber': u'+1747xxxxxxx', 'outgoingNumber': '+1330yyyyyyy'}
(23:38:44) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/call/connect
(23:38:45) DEBUG:channel.call:Closing call
Call from Dialcentral completes fine, same numbers used.

Last edited by lemmyslender; 2010-01-23 at 04:51. Reason: add info

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I love you! really.. I seriously love you!!!

Going to try this as soon as I reflash my firmware!

Hey, this App is really exciting. Epage you are the bomb. I am so busy over here, so I was wondering if it is ready for me to try in Maemo 4? Or should I just sit tight and wait. I really don't have time to mess with stuff right now but the concept of this app is so enticing.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Tried calling (n900,1.1,0.7.0-1)

"Call disconnected"

screen name +1 (747) xxx-xxxx forward blank or 1747xxxxxxx

Code:
(23:38:35) INFO:connection:get_handle_by_name Contact: 330yyyyyyy
(23:38:35) DEBUG:handle:Created Handle: <ContactHandle id=20 name='+1330yyyyyyy'> (From Cache)
(23:38:35) DEBUG:channel_manager:New media channel
(23:38:35) WARNING:channel.call:InitiatorID or InitiatorHandle not set on new channel, assuming locally initiated
(23:38:44) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/mobile/phones
(23:38:44) INFO:gvoice.backend:{'subscriberNumber': 'undefined', 'remember': '1', 'phoneType': '2', 'forwardingNumber': u'+1747xxxxxxx', 'outgoingNumber': '+1330yyyyyyy'}
(23:38:44) DEBUG:gvoice.browser_emu:Performing download of https://www.google.com/voice/call/connect
(23:38:45) DEBUG:channel.call:Closing call
Call from Dialcentral completes fine, same numbers used.
I have similar error and log. I hope it's user error.. SMS works great, and dialcentral is works.
Thanks for the work!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
... do we need the update pr1.1 I have it install on N900 soft V42.11 I always get error after I press the call button, it say general error. ...
I seem to be having a similar issue here, does anyone have TheOneRing working for calls on <pr1.0? I'm holding off on the upgrade until I get around to compiling a kernel for pr1.1...but if it seems to be a requirement I guess it'll make me hurry up.

Its a great app - in that It instaled without any errors on my Maemo 5.
Setup the Voip accounts and added Google Voice account - authenticated in one shot - and the all the google voice transcribed messaged showed up in the conversations box.

But one question - when I try to compose an SMS from the conversations app - how do I send the SMS using the Google voice plugin and not thru my phone SMS ?

The SMS message seems to be sent from my phone account - not from my google voice account.

Isn't SMS messages supported the same as it was in Dialcentral ?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Its a great app - in that It instaled without any errors on my Maemo 5.
Setup the Voip accounts and added Google Voice account - authenticated in one shot - and the all the google voice transcribed messaged showed up in the conversations box.

But one question - when I try to compose an SMS from the conversations app - how do I send the SMS using the Google voice plugin and not thru my phone SMS ?

The SMS message seems to be sent from my phone account - not from my google voice account.

Isn't SMS messages supported the same as it was in Dialcentral ?
Click "New IM" -> select your contact -> select Google Voice acct

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w107kam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
Big thanks for you app...quick question to run that application do we need the update pr1.1 I have it install on N900 soft V42.11 I always get error after I press the call button, it say general error. Dialcentral work perfectly. I have the online green light status on and see the the callback number has said in your description. when dialing do we put the same has skype like a +666-666-6666 or we just dial like dialcentral. thanks
and
Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
I seem to be having a similar issue here, does anyone have TheOneRing working for calls on <pr1.0? I'm holding off on the upgrade until I get around to compiling a kernel for pr1.1...but if it seems to be a requirement I guess it'll make me hurry up.
I've only tested with PR1.1. I updated the first post regarding this. You could run "dbus-monitor --session > log" while trying to make a call and upload it. It will contain sensitive information, so possibly send it by PM. This can give me an idea of what the "General Error" is

OK one bug to report (N900, pr1.1, 0.7.0-1). It was doing it with the previous version as well. I get sent a sms, which shows up just fine. However, if I close the conversation, then go back into it, it re-downloads the sms. Checking the google voice website, the sms is still "new".

What part/all of the log do you need / what can I censor?
and
and
Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue. When I open an existing conversation theonering seems to download it all again (and provide notifications for the original message in the thread as well). I'm on Maemo5 PR1.1 for reference. This is quite a minor bug though, it doesn't break the sms functionality at all. I must say epage, for as big of an undertaking as this is the beta works quite well.
Good find. I uploaded 0.7.0-2 to fix it.

Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
Hey, this App is really exciting. Epage you are the bomb. I am so busy over here, so I was wondering if it is ready for me to try in Maemo 4? Or should I just sit tight and wait. I really don't have time to mess with stuff right now but the concept of this app is so enticing.
Sorry, no update on Maemo 4.1 support but I'll be sure to announce it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5