Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
Besides: any hope for sync with Lotus Organizer on maemo? Google contacts is not as good (although I wish IBM had done some serious work on Organizer since they acquired Lotus).

Last edited by noventa98; 2009-08-29 at 21:35. Reason: I was almost 100% of topic: I drank too much vodka. I need a good sleep.

I am coding a sync-application for Google Contacts in Python right now. As of now, I have made it sync the Google Contacts one-way to my phone.

Still working on the two-way-sync...

The Following User Says Thank You to kaspernj For This Useful Post:
I have MfE set up on my N900 to work with google.
Contact sync works... but it has some annoying flaws.

For example: I added a birthday to one of my contacts directly through google and then synced the N900, the birthday was gone (on both sides).
I added it on my N900, then sync... it stayed..

I double-checked the setting, since you can tell the phone what has priority in case of conflicts. It is set to "server has prioroty" but it seems like it doesn't...

Another thing I noticed: One of my contacts has a picture and i have a shortcut on the homescreen. In the beginning the picture was there, a few days ago it disappeared (on the phone), not it is there again (???)

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by noventa98 View Post
Besides: any hope for sync with Lotus Organizer on maemo? Google contacts is not as good (although I wish IBM had done some serious work on Organizer since they acquired Lotus).
I sync my N900 with the lotus calender using Nokia PC Suite.
Is that what you meant ?

Just a follow-up - my Python script is now able to save all the Google-contacts on the phone with most relevant informations (most of the emails, most of the different phone-numbers and so on).

It cant however sync stuff back to Google, which is the big part of the script.

I have been busy with packaging Ruby and PHP for the Maemo but will give the script a look again soon...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is this a N810 python enabled script, or N900? If it's the latter, then you've posted in the wrong location.

Tags
development, erminig