Active Topics

Yes i did. And that worked for me.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Hi saponga,
What did you use as springs? Was it difficult to open?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I've disassambled it many many times...it's not difficult at all.
Just be gentle and use THIS as guide. FIX IT

Originally Posted by Spaceman75 View Post
Hi saponga,
What did you use as springs? Was it difficult to open?
I've used a pen's spring,glue and a small screwdriver to remove the cover of the GSM module. You have to do it using the screwdriver as a lever and slowly (part by part) pushing off the cover. It's easy but something scary. That cover is put in place by pressure and actually it might be a little deformed after you got the work done. I can send you a picture if you want but it is pretty similar to those ones from the link few posts ago. But remember, the device is yours the risk is yours.
Good luck !

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me some pictures or upload them here.

What are the springs actually good for? Do they provide some sort of grounding? Or is it a mechanical issue of pressing the ICs down? I apologize for my ignorance.

Now, my SIM card connection is lost while I type on the HW keyboard, i.e. applying some force on the HW underneath the keyboard. When I stop typing, the SIM comes back after a few seconds, sometimes asking for the PIN again. Has anyone experienced this too?

Originally Posted by Spaceman75 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I would appreciate if you could send me some pictures or upload them here.

What are the springs actually good for? Do they provide some sort of grounding? Or is it a mechanical issue of pressing the ICs down? I apologize for my ignorance.

Now, my SIM card connection is lost while I type on the HW keyboard, i.e. applying some force on the HW underneath the keyboard. When I stop typing, the SIM comes back after a few seconds, sometimes asking for the PIN again. Has anyone experienced this too?
Just mechanical pressure. Actually, AFAIK you might use everything that increase the pressure there... I've got some pictures but i cannot attach it here because the file is big. I've used that kind of pen that has a push button to expose or hide the tip.
Just follow this tips...
And this is EXACTLLY what i did !
BTW, thanks again ForeverYoung and Jabawok !!!

Last edited by saponga; 2013-01-28 at 13:41.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the picture. Now I know that not all hope is lost for the best of all smartphones. I will try the repair on the weekend and let you know if I was successful.

I could get a new N8 or N7 in exchnage, since I still got warranty. But I don't want either of them. The only device that I would readily accept in exchange of the N900 is the N9. But Nokia is not selling those in Germany.

By the way, I love the community here!

I performed the repair following your instructions. The issue didn't go away completely, but it is much less severe now. I still need to put a thick piece of paper between the battery and the inside wall, which is then applying additional force on the GSM Module, but then the connection seems rock solid. No more disconnecting so far. Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceman75 For This Useful Post:
Thick piece of paper worked for me.

I can actually feel the detachment if I use my finger to put pressure on the SIM once it's locked in.

Hello people.

My N900 have the same problem with the SIM CARD/CMT. Begins with some signal lost that evolutes to SIM CARD ERROR, and finally, the same error not solved after reboot.

It's very strange, but every time I reflash it, the phone Works again. I already do this 8 times with different versions of EMM and FIASCO files. The phone works for a couple of day with failures, and stops again.

Did it have some error counter that is reset after reflash?

The Following User Says Thank You to dietermarno For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem