Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Sorry guys.
I had free 60 mb space free on rootfs.
After i installed apps. Suddenly become 43 mb.
How could this be.
After i uninstalled mobilehotspot what the hell it just free 2,5 mb rootfs. I forgot what package installed.
Is this installed other kernel which is kernel installed in rootfs, but its weird because i cant open mobilehot.,. Regardless.
Because i want to ensure this package installing kernel i thought,
why, first when i first download it size 6mb and more than 17 mb require memory.
When i uninstalled, it just free up 2,5 mb.
Try to install it again and make certain what package regarding and it was shocked me. Its size 140 kb.
I need to free up my rootfs, because thats being my concern cant update through OTA eventually.

sorry i want to clear up. What package including mobilehotspot?
And how to uninstalled it.

forgive if am impolite.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
sry but i dont really understand your english.
you had after uninstalling a app less space in rootfs then before?
here some points how you can free your rootfs:
1:stop installing extras/devel trash i guess you heard the thousand warnings
2:uninstall apps you donīt really need
3:some apps let trash on your device even after uninstall.go to xterm-type root after that apt-get autoclean and apt-get autoremove.then type reboot and look how its going.
if this all doesnīt help you here are some tipps from the wiki:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

sorry if ny english bad , actually i was confused by that mobilehotspot apps thats why my explain not clear. I try to figure out but still zero.
anyway my question is ?
I had installed mobile hotspot ( I thought it come from maemo catalog, when I read this apps. size 6 mb require memory 17 mb. I thought it will install on 2gb partition that should for app install it.
and then when I opened memory storage apps. I was shocked cause my rootfs reduce from 60 mb to 43 mb. I installed it but it just free 2,5 mb. where is other package which is tie up with mobilehotspot apps. I searced in installes apps list but couldnt found it.
thats being my concern. even I disabled all catolog but no memory rootfs increase.
so anyway How to remove those package. or unused apps.

I use these com " apt-get clean , apt-get autoremove ,apt-get autoclean " but still zero.

Im sorry if my english so bad.
P.S : I wrote this thread in panic condition.

what about my english now.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
now its a little bit better
if everything goes wrong i just can say the magic 3 words:
flash your device!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Zimbabwe
magic 3 words flash your device.... funy hey. flashing sucks

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
if you want to cleanly remove mobilehotspot and its dependencies you'd like to try the following command: (READ WARNING BELOW)

Code:
apt-get autoremove mobilehotspot --purge
If you have it uninsalled already then you might want to reinstall it back first.

WARNING: mobilehotspot depends on power kernel and iptables. There's chance that autoremove would remove these dependencies. So be very careful on accepting removal. Say if you dont want to remove power kernel, just let it be.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Zimbabwe
Guys i have noticed that if u install android on your N900 mobile hotspot wil not work.. is there any way to enable mobile hotspot to work after you install android. i think the problem has to do with the kernel.. I am using pr 1.3.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by Thesleex View Post
Guys i have noticed that if u install android on your N900 mobile hotspot wil not work.. is there any way to enable mobile hotspot to work after you install android. i think the problem has to do with the kernel.. I am using pr 1.3.
I am using mobile hotspot, power-kernel46 and also i have NITDroid11. And Mobile hotspot says hotspot failed to start when i tap the start. Is this what you point at?